Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Urban PA hunting? >

Urban PA hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Urban PA hunting?

Old 09-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Urban PA hunting?

ORIGINAL: mauser06

T in PA3....im not sure but i think your wrong. towns and boroughs can say no discharging of a weapon. that would mean no hunting..i know of a township that closed spotting. just because you have a hunting license i dont think that means you can hunt anywhere. i know of townships you cant use a CF rifle. muzzloader, shotguns and bows are legal. the county and state allow rifles..just not that township. townships can make laws and i think they must be followed. if in doubt check the local laws. like if i found a place that was mostly houses but one woodlot i found i wanted to hunt and had owner permission..id check local laws and make sure discharging a weapon was legal. i may be wrong.....but just because your hunting i dont see how firing a weapon would be legal in places your not allowed to fire a weapon
I knew a guy that was in the process of being arrested for discharging a weapon under one of those laws. He had the game warden on the scene and the warden informed the cops that they were about to enter into a false arrest lawsuit. These laws do not pertain to legal hunting and are meaningless where that is concerned. They cannot touch you as long as you have permission to hunt and abide by all safety zone laws.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

livbucks and t in pa3 are correct. Legal hunting supercedes the "no discharge" laws.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:30 PM

what about a roadway what are the yard restrictions for them anyone know?
Old 09-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

There are no road restrictions as long as your not getting out of a vehicle at the shot.

You can shoot from a road way as long as you don't exit a vehicle to do so and the path of the projectile is safe.

Otherwise it's what 35 yards? Anyone?
Old 09-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

t in pa and livbucks..thats news to me and just isnt making sense..but i believe you guys..not trying to start a argument or anything. to me if a town says no discharging a weapon that would mean no hunting....guess a hunting licsense has some weight to it with land owner permission of course. thanx for the news.....i would never thought that would be legal.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

anybody got a link to the PA regs for me, i want to read up on this before i commit to buying an outta state liscense. Thanks for the info guys,
Old 09-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=478&q=151112#2505

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/browse.asp?a=478&bc=0&c=70015

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/browse.asp?a=479&bc=0&c=69912