Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage broadhead did NOT open >

Rage broadhead did NOT open

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage broadhead did NOT open

Old 09-27-2006, 06:09 PM

Default Rage broadhead did NOT open

I have been really excited about the new rage broadheads until now. I just shot it at two different targets two times each and it did NOT open. I am shooting the three blade. I first shot it at a foam block from Walmart. It didn't open. I cleaned it up and reset it. I tried again and it didn't open. I then moved to my "Block" target. I put a piece of paper in the front of it to be sure I saw the cut pattern. The broad head did not open on either of the two shots. One shot I checked the broadhead before messing with it. It was sticking out the back of the block. It had one blade fully extended, one half extended, and one still locked by the o-ring. I am thinking if it doesn't open in these solid targets, it will never open in a deer unless it hits bone. What do you think? I am shooting about 295 fps and about 420 grains.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Rage broadhead did NOT open

WOW, that's the first I heard. I know the RM Snyper 2 blade opens every time I've shot it and on the thinnest materials. I'm interested in hearing from others who shot the Rage, RJ, you have right?
Old 09-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I can say is shoot fixed blades. Thats always a chance you take shooting expandables.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

All I can say is shoot fixed blades. Thats always a chance you take shooting expandables.
Yep, fixed blade heads always make an entrance wound. If it is mechanical it will eventually fail to do what it is suppose to do.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

spitfire 100's I have checked the entry point with my block the same way you did (piece of paper) and they open 100% of the time.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stinkbelly

What do you think? I am shooting about 295 fps and about 420 grains.
Ithink "Dang" you've got one scooting arrow there - 79ft-lbs of energy.

Maybe you have a case of too muck k/e for them to work properly (can't get out of their own way fast enough)[8D]
Old 09-28-2006, 05:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Reason #1 what I dont shoot mechanicals. They are not guarenteed to open, with a real broadhead you dont have to worry about it.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

i bought the 3 blade rage, and i love them i shot them at my broadhead target and they open every time...Ill stick with these for a long time..

Old 09-28-2006, 05:58 AM

That is a bummer sorry to hear that.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:17 AM

Has anyone else shot the Rage at a target to verify they open? If so which ones were you using and what happened? Is my bow too fast for these heads?

Quick Reply: Rage broadhead did NOT open

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.