Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 no hunting on sunday? >

no hunting on sunday?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

no hunting on sunday?

Old 09-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: no hunting on sunday?

yeah about the only huntin im gonna b doin in PA is the first day of archery this saturday
Old 09-27-2006, 03:12 PM

These laws, while created with good intentions, make no sense. Not everyone has a family or believes in going to church on Sunday - or needs to spend ALL day with their family and in church on Sunday. Believe it or not, sometimes I wake up on Sunday, have a nice breakfast with my wife and child, attend services at church, come home, spend a little more time with the family, and God (being the key word) forbid, go out for a 2-3 hour evening hunt. I know, I know. I'm going to Hell.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ontario is coming around but it was real bad a while back. Not only was there no alcohol sales, but there was no shopping (except maybe groceries). Most of southern Ontario is still no sunday gun hunting, but archery has been OK for a while.
I always hated the law because if you work full time that only leaves weekends, sunday is 1/2 the weekend! Just last weekend I gun hunted (waterfowl) for my 1st sunday ever, it was awsome, especially since I drive 3hrs to the camp, open sundays doubles my gun hunting opportunities, but its only allowed in a few select areas.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea, this law is a real JOKE, but I'm not laughing.[&o] Yes, in Pa you can actually hunt on Sunday, but only for crows! What kills me is that you can buy booze,gambleand shop till you dropbut no deer hunting, go figure.[:@]
I do think in the future they'll change this, I hope!
Old 09-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

No Sunday hunting here in Maine either. Gotta deal with it, but it does suck. some people work all week and can get out on weekends or Saturday cause Sunday is closed. I am self employed and can schedule my work accordingly to give me time during the week, but not everyone has this benefit and I think it is unfair. The state gets our money for the hunting license, so we should be able to hunt Sunday. Hey why not stop driving vehicles on Sunday while they are at it, save the o-zone for crying out loud. Just my input on the whole thing.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:06 PM

Why don't you guys get it changed instead of "hoping that it changes". These problems don't fix themselves, people actually have to go out and fix them! Get your local hunting clubs and organizations together to petition your game boards with well thought out, valid reasons to allow Sunday hunting:
1.) INCREASING quality family time.
2.) Decreasing deer overpopulation (get insurance companies involved with this one)
3.) Pointing out the unjust regulation singling out hunters vs. other sportsmen
There are states where sportsman have changed Sunday hunting laws in their favor such as NY, you may want to do google search and look at how they were successful.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats why i love ny
Old 09-27-2006, 05:27 PM

Ohio no longer bans sunday hunting and hasn't for some time which is good because I work monday-saturday every week.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good advice Kodiak!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Kodiak...it has been tried a few times here in Maine but it is no use...
The way the state plans the hunting season takes care of the situation anyhow...they said if the proposed sunday hunting passes then they will just cut the number of hunting days back accordingly...

The other big beef is that people want "their time" on their land, without having to worry about hunters...they threaten that if sunday hunting is allowed then they will post their land (which we all know there is way too much of already)

So it really does not matter unless you are the poor soul that has to work every saturday of the year

Quick Reply: no hunting on sunday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.