Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why does my wife always get moody Oct-Nov-Dec? >

Why does my wife always get moody Oct-Nov-Dec?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why does my wife always get moody Oct-Nov-Dec?

Old 09-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Why does my wife always get moody Oct-Nov-Dec?

They do it because....IT'S THEIR JOB!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: johnl

spikehorn add a little doe in heat to that picture then she how she acts lol
my wife of twenty one years still doesn't totally get the fact that she's a widow for three months a year but she is coming around
OMG she actually said that to me one day. That she is a widow in hunting season. Right after I was working on a house that was in a fire that took 3-4 months. She was happy after that cause she got to see me for more that 8 hours a week.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SPIKEHORN11

My girlfriend excepts that hunting was in my life before her and i told her it will never change and be here after her. I did this one night just as a joke and she took a pic.

She is very understanding and I love her.
Yes thats her side of the bed!!!
This is without a doubt the best picture I've ever seen on this website. Absolutely hysterical !!! I feel the same way about my Hoyt.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Site Buck Guru

I second that. That demands it!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

wow guys i have a girlfriend of 3 years oct 16 and she doesnt have to much of a problem she will even go out with me sometimes but i told her if she saw a deer and tried to scare it off i would push her out of the tree she thought i was joking and got the point so i told her i was joking
Im at college so when im home she can get a little crapy
Old 09-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Fork Horn

My wedding anniversary is on Oct 15th, always the opening day of bow season in NY (This year 10/14). I haven't been home on my anniversary for 11 years. I kinda understand her being a tad upset! But hey,a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do LOL. (I got into bowhunting after I got married). Gee ya think she'd get used to it but NOOO every year she has to ask "Your not going hunting on the 15th are you"?
Old 09-26-2006, 12:19 AM
Fork Horn

My wife understands that this is what I live for. She even changed our wedding date 8 years ago to the last day of spring turkey season (I had to compromise a little!). But toward the end of deer season (especially if I have not killed) she tends to get a little cranky...."You get to hunt all fall and spring. What do I get to do for months at a time?" I tell her that I can either hunt or she can put up with how miserable I would be without hunting. She tries to get a compromise......that ain't happening.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Typical Buck

A few years ago my wife and I came up with a good deal. I can hunt September, October, November, and part of December. I take one weekend out of each month away from hunting. I have to be home for the Thanksgiving, Christmas eve and Christmas.Also in the spring I do it all over again. Now in the summer we take two weeks and go and do what she wants to do. This has worked till date and things our a lot better. She looks at it this way I could be in the woods or the local bar if I did not like to hunt so much.
Good Hunting.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:48 AM
Fork Horn

Cant sleep, wife threw me out of bed for writing that postcouch is giving me a backache.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:36 AM
Typical Buck

lmao at these posts! esp the bedroom photo!! "You love hunting more than me" wasthe wife'smost common complaint,and I'd have toremind her that she knew what she was getting into when we married over 35 yrs ago - I must have wore her down since it's beena fewdecades since I've heard it. (I subscribe to the opinion that men marry women, expecting theywill never change; and women marry men,expecting to change them). Although she won't hunt (doesn't want to watch anything die), she's an excellent deer/turkey scout, loves the outdoors, helps butcher and package my deer ("dead" is ok, "dying" is not...), keeps scores on the 3-d range, etc.Life is good...
-fsh

Quick Reply: Why does my wife always get moody Oct-Nov-Dec?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.