Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Coolest experience yet >

Coolest experience yet

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coolest experience yet

Old 09-24-2006, 06:52 PM

Default Coolest experience yet

Well i went out to my stand and sat for a couple of hours until two does came out. They were about a hundred yards away and coming right for me. When they got with in range i could clearly tell the smaller one was a fawn. So then i think to myself, i will take the big doe....Seeing as i have hunted 4 years and not gotten one yet i figured that it would be a good first deer. Well the fawn walked right under my stand and then right to the bigger doe. The fawn and doe, litterally less than 10 yards, the fawn goes under the mom and starts feeding!!!!

At this point i realized just how cool this was and that it was much more of an experience than getting my first deer. I learned more about the ways of the deer.

Well they headed down wind and then i watched as the momma caught my scent. It was facinating. The closest i have had deer before was 25+ yards....but now that fawn walked litterally right under my stand....15feet up!! I had to look through the metal webbing of my stand/

What a time. I think that was the most rewarding time in the woods yet. The set up came together and i made a responsible decision, not to mention my heart was pounding for the entire 20 minutes this took place in!

Just thought i would share....just cause it was so cool!!!
pines
Old 09-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Coolest experience yet

awesome,

wish it were a nice buck so our team could put up some points but its all happen in due time, ive yet to take one with a bow either.I have a couple with a gun but not a bow
Old 09-24-2006, 06:55 PM

Awesome man, more often than not you don't have to take a deer to have a memorable trip to the woods.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:01 PM

Here is a trail cam pic of them from yesterday!

Old 09-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's what it is all about. A great day in the woods.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I remember a few years ago, I sat in my stand on a summer morning to see what was around. I spotted a doe coming by, with twins trailing behind...being currious little buggers. The doe continued on and the fawns got further behind. Finally the twins noticed they were behind and sprinted up to their mother. They hit her like a truck, literally knocking her off her feet. When she got back up, they immediately began feeding. Watching them interact that day was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Boy, just reading that reminded me of so many times witnessing the same thing. This forum really has me anxious to get in the stand. Pa opener this saterday.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:23 PM

That's what it is all about. A great day in the woods.
I agree 100%
Old 09-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nature is a wonderfull thing to see and feel and smell. Always a good day when your sitting in the hunting woods.

Quick Reply: Coolest experience yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.