Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 broadheads/buck knives >

broadheads/buck knives

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

broadheads/buck knives

Old 09-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default broadheads/buck knives

everyone taks about sharpening there broadheads but also dont forget your buck knives need a little tlc to . edit>>>>>> dont forget the batteries for the flashlight......my season starts sep. 30 so im going threw the check list today. hope this helps someone lol
Old 09-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: broadheads/buck knives

i been going over the checklists for a few weeks. this is my first year bowhunting so im getting all the typical gear.....plus buying bowhunting gear.....so far i forget a rope to pull up the bow(never stand hunted!) and an armgaurd to contain my shirt and jacket so the string doesnt hit it....i have short arms and always have a littttle extra material on the arms lol...went to buy batteries and said the heck with that....i bought rechargeables. the highest rated AA and AAA i could find...i bet i spend 100$ in batteries a year...my digi cam kills them in a hurry. plus flashlights in both AAA and AA..regular camera etc....i got a decint bit of battery powered gear..thankfully the walkies use rechargeables or id need MORE lol. the heads are brand new and razor sharp...going to put razor edges on the knives this week..actually taking the boots to get fixed tomarrow i think..a couple seems busted and im sick of wet feet..180$ boots i dont wanna buy another pair lol
Old 09-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

yea those two things i said are the things i forgetevery year and end up doing them opening day but not this year lol
Old 09-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

I found a pretty cool flashlight at Walgreens. Its one of those that doesn't take batteries or bulbs. It has a handle on the back you just crank. Its a pretty bright light. They also have one just like it but with an AM/FM radio.