Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrow Problem.... >

Arrow Problem....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow Problem....

Old 09-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrow Problem....

I have a half dozen Gold Tip Expeditions right now. I went to get another half dozen made up and they were all out, and the guy said he can't find them anywhere.

Should I just break down and buy a dozen of another brand or what. And if so what kind. I have only shot Gold Tips since I switched over to carbon so I have no experience with any other type. He had a bunch of Bemans there, but to me they seemed really skinny. Not sure just wanted some opinions.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:19 PM

Default RE: Arrow Problem....

Boy oh boy, is this a familiar story at our shop! It's darn aggravating!! Neither Easton nor Gold Tip can get the carbon to make arrows. We were discussing it yesterday, and apparently they are only having trouble w/ their lower end arrows. The more expensive ones aren't a problem, or at least that's what I understand. We were talking and thought it may be a marketing ploy to sell more expensive arrows, or perhaps a way to rid themselves of a bunch of leftover aluminums. We just don't know for sure, but it has bit us right in the butt!!

The Easton Excell 400 is BY FAR our most popular arrow, and we can't get them. Period. We have also contacted GT, and no go there either. I hear a major Air Force Jet manufacturer is buying up all the carbon.

I bought myself a dozen A/C/C's yesterday, the last dozen inmy size we had left. Just in case.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

I like Bemans i use ics 340 do the job for me.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beman, Blackhawk, Carbon Express, Gold Tip, Easton, etc. All make a good arrow in my opinion.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

I posted about this same problem a few days ago. I went to another brand. I am not sure about why the reason for not having any available, but I say... Gold tip's loss. I ordered carbon force. From what I understand the moved their facility last may and screwed up their production or something. Adapt, ajust and overcome.
DW

Old 09-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

Contact me.....I have a few left.