Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 Striker

Old 09-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default G5 Striker

I have shot Muzzy's, Montecs and Stingers along with some others.. All are good but I'm here to tell you that I loved the Strikers...
These things fly really awesome and they have almost no "cutting air" noise.. Everyone was always down on the Montecs for not being razor sharp and let me tell ya, the Strikers are sharp.. For the first time ever just putting them on I bet I cut myself five or six times.. lol Very Very sharp..

Only complaint is I got a bad one where the blades would not seat properly and were loose and shakey.. I returned it for a new one..

Anyway, just thought I'd share...
Old 09-24-2006, 04:16 PM

Default RE: G5 Striker

I've heard nothing but good about them as well. They are made to mimik a Whack'em, yes?
Old 09-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Strikers are an awesome 3 blade head.....I've shot a bunch of them and it's my favorite right there with the Rocky Mt. Turbo.
They really do fly like darts and are SCARY sharp. I would call them a tie with the Turbos.....they have the exact same characteristics and specs.

My buddy Frank shot his Pronghorn buck last week with one and I was looking down the arrow when he shot. Looked like a BB zipping to the kill zone and put him down quick.

I would shoot them myself if I didn't have the urge to shoot a 4 blade head. I'm currently playing with the Slick Tricks and Muzzy MX4s that I just bought today.

I'm sort of a broadhead slut so I have a bunch........right now I have a week to go to the season and I STILL haven't settled on one over another. At least that's the beauty of good flying broadheads off a perfectly tuned bow, they all fly great.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL... I like that, broadhead slut.. me too

I just started cleaning up my broadheads.. The past couple weeks I have sold about 20 muzzy's, 12 stingers, some thunderheads and even a couple of my Montecs.. I still have 9 montecs but they will not be hunted with this year.. I will be using the Strikers... As long as all the blades are tight I think they might qualify for some of the best blades out there.. But I guess they are all pretty good anymore..
Old 09-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I heard good things about them to. I love the montecs but they are dull out of the box, but like you said the strikers are hair shavers.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

im trying the blackouts..samething but haven shot them much
Old 09-25-2006, 07:00 AM

I have had good luck with the striker, Good choice