Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Black bears attacking? >

Black bears attacking?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Black bears attacking?

Old 09-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Black bears attacking?

now the bears aroun dmy house stay here so dont think they are gone i just saw ones crap this morning they are real shy of humans though they kille a 300 lber last year and jsut the other day i saw one over 400 on a trail cam
Old 09-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

An intresting fact that I read from the Wildlife Research Institute. In the last 100 years there have been 36 fatal Black Bear attacks but they did mention that you have a better chance of being struck by lightning.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:45 AM

The one thing to remember is no matter what anyone says never trust a black bear 97% of the time it will run at the very sight of a human (happen to me just the other day going into the woods. But if it wants to attack it will, don't let them keep you out of the woods and if you do see one or run into treat it with respect. Good luck huntin'
Old 09-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had about 4 actual black bear encounters and once I surprised a sow and two cubs and we saw each other at the same time and the sow took and hurried the cubs up the ridge. Not too good. I wouldn't have been so lucky if it were a griz. Black bears are like a dog, sometimes you get a real mean junk yard dog, and sometimes one that could care less. You can not stero type them and predict what their going to do. I have been very fortunate and it does get kind of nerving going to and from your stand in the dark and trying to be quiet. I do pack a 357 and bear spray, but once I had gotten between a cow moose and a calf and the cow started charging right at me and until it got within 10 ft of me I just froze up. You can say one thing but when the actual encounter takes place, things change.

Bobby
Old 09-25-2006, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

This is usually about all I see of bears. (From PA in PA)