Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit.. Out or Down? >

Whisker Biscuit.. Out or Down?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit.. Out or Down?

Old 09-21-2006, 07:32 AM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit.. Out or Down?

This all really has me bugged... I had vain problems with my W.B. in the beginning. They were not being torn off, just geting real messed up and wavy. I switched to Blazer vains 2 years ago, and I have never had another vain messed up, and certainly none torn off. All of my blazers are in mint condition. I just have to ask myself what people could be doing or have wrong with their set up. I have read post's where people are buying new rests and chucking their W.B. for that sole reason. But I absolutely love my W.B. I just don't understand.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have read post's where people are buying new rests and chucking their W.B. for that sole reason. But I absolutely love my W.B. I just don't understand.
Because spending $100+ on a drop away is an easier fix than buying a $40 re-fletching tool, $30for blazers,$4 for goat tuff glue, and learning how to refletch your own arrows with blazers
Old 09-21-2006, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

I purchased a WB last season and had the same issues with my vanes getting jacked up. Truthfully, I can't tell you which way my cock vane was positioned, because I did not realize that it made a difference. Dumb on my part!! I just put the WB on my sons bow yesterday so I'll make sure when we get his arrows that the vanes are positioned correctly!!

I did switch to a drop away rest this season and have noticed that some of my arrows have still made contact with the rest (kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?). My bow is at the proshop right now for adjustments and they called yesterday and said that they believe my arrows are too short for my new setup (rest). I was also noticing that my arrows wanted to come off the launcher at full draw, but I read in one post where that is usually caused by nock/d-loop pinch. Thought it would be a quick fix, but guess I was wrong!

Interesting post!
Old 09-21-2006, 08:02 AM

Personally, I don't think it makes a difference if it is up or out. I just wouldn't recommend putting it down. Just my opinion though. I have shot them both up and out and seem to group fine all the way out to 40 yards. Which is as far as I will shoot.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:36 AM

If you have the old style bisquit it shouldn't matter. All of the fibers were the same.

If you have black fibers on the bottom, you've got the new style and "should" shoot with cock vane up or to the side, although it will still work cock vane down, your accuracy will likely suffer a bit since there will be a different amount of resistance going through the stiffer fibers.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

I just put on my new WB this week. at first I was shooting cock feather down until a buddy of mine told me that it should be up. I switched it around, but it didn't change my shot placement at all. I figure that it will save my veins though.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

sounds like most of you shoudl go to the good old feathers. they hold up better than plastic veins.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

I've been shooting the same arrows, with the same veins, through the same WB for about 2.5 years now and never had a vein ruined...or even slightly effected by my WB. For awhile I did mistakenly shoot with the vein down, but was corrected by our local shop owner. When I made the change, there was zero change in my point of impact.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use a Biscuit and yes, my vanes are waveybut honestly it doesn't affect my arrow flight at all, like you would think it would.When I first experienced this I went to the pro shop and asked about it and my buddy said if you watch an arrow during flight in slow motion you will see the vanes become wavey naturally and doesn't affect the flight at all.
I found this intresting but he was right. My arrows fly consistantly with each shot. They do look funky though.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:37 PM

Thanks to all for the info. Cock feather up and problem solved. I shot until my arm couldn't take it anymore and my vanes look like brand new and are flying more true to form. The rotation did not change my shot pattern at all, which was cool. It never dawned on me to try cock feather up, but you were spot on with your assessment. Thanks and good luck in the timber .

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit.. Out or Down?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.