Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 climber+backpack? >

climber+backpack?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

climber+backpack?

Old 09-19-2006, 10:36 AM

Default RE: climber+backpack?

I also have the sidebags on my summit and you can get quite a bit of stuff in them.

http://www.summitstands.com/productDetail.aspx?id=85056
Old 09-19-2006, 11:49 AM

I do the same as everyone that has replied, just strap it to the back of my stand.
What surprises me is that so many people carry a backpack into the woods. I thought I was one of the few that carried too much. [8D]
Old 09-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an Ol Man climber...I wear the climber on my back and strap the backpack to the climber...

I have my climber strapped to me and the backpack strapped to the climber. It's how I pack in stuff now...it's the easiest way.

Actually, now that I think about it, I've worn my climber in on my back...and stuck my backpack on me but done the "pregnant lady" approace, with the stand on my back and the pack on my stomach. That'll work too...though it's awkward.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:23 PM

I have a summit as well, and i always carry my stand upside down with the cables and teeth of the stand facing the sky, and then i hang my backpack straps over the teeth of the stand.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used to use a backpack, then a fanny pack....

I bought a Primos bow vest about 3 years ago...I like that system best...It has enough storage for what I take and doesn't add extra weight to the stand.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:22 PM

well right now I have a small back pack but don't really move my stand. It's a cheap wally world climber, it sucks and I hate it, It's too loud climbing muchless moving. I'm getting a new climber this weekend and I'm gonna buy a fanny pack to go with it I think they are easier to get stuff out of and better suited for what I need. I hate trying to get somthing out of the bottom of my backpack in the woods, I like to be able to pick up and go immediately, this isn't really possible with most backpacks, cause half your pack is on the ground and off of your back. I just want somthing a lot of pockets, and they never seem to make 'em with enough, anybody else have that problem?
Old 09-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys should be an easy fix to my little situation i thought of.

brirute...them packs look nice...i may invest in those. that way all my gear is ON my stand....no taking stuff out of the backpack..forgetting the backpack etc.

G2 shooter...cant go into the woods without the bare needs. pull up rope, attachment rope for harness, food and water(depending how long youll hunt) knives, saw, flagging tape, TP for them times of need, drag rope, flashlight, CAMERA, batteries, lighter, etc...none of it is overly large or heavy....but all pretty much needed IMO...i used to stuff all i could in pockets of pants and jackets but went to the backpack and like that. i used a fanny pack at one time..just needed more room. when dad and i hunted together alot we had a whole pack one of us would carry JUST for food and water! it wasnt huge..but it was a military pack..i think a medic pack he got at a surplus store..worked nice. i just cant sit still too long without eating and drinking.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just use the bungee cord that came with my Lone Wolf and wrap it around my day pack and it keeps it secure for the walk in.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

I wear my backpack backwards of normal and have it over my shoulders but on my chest, with the climber on my back and bow in my hand. Looks weird I'm sure but it balances the weight and makes the stand easier to carry long distances I think.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:47 PM

i do like WhitBri said. ive tried putting my backpack on the back of my climber before, but that was to much weight on the back. my climber is an API grandslam thats maybe 22-24 pounds and then ive got who knows how much stuff in my pack thats at least 20 pounds. i can keep my balance a lot better with the pack on my chest,i look like an idiot in the woods but it works! just my $.02, but its a lot better to wear it backwards because ive busted my butt in the woods when i had my pack on my climber

Quick Reply: climber+backpack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.