Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I figured I'd warn you guys.... >

I figured I'd warn you guys....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I figured I'd warn you guys....

Old 09-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default I figured I'd warn you guys....

Never ever buy Carbon Fury arrows......I bought a dozen because it looked like a great deal...A dozen carbon arrows for 45$...and that's all i could afford. I figured since Redhead made them they would be great....I've never had a problem with any of thier products...Well I took six and used them for practice...the other six i screwed on broadheads and put away....3 out of the six arrows cracked at the nock....All i ever hit with these arrows was a mackenzie 3d target.......Luckily i noticed and didn't shoot them again...that could have been bad...We went to Bass Pro Shops and the guy in the archery department said " Yeah they crack at the seam" I thanked him for letting me know that before i wasted 50$ on them....well anyway thought i should let you guys know....Could be dangerous...Im only shooting 50 pounds and they are cracking?....That's not right...
Old 09-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I figured I'd warn you guys....

Thanks for the warning and glad you seen the cracking before something bigger happened. good luck!!
Dan