Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 I just picked up my LX tonight! (56k warn) >

I just picked up my LX tonight! (56k warn)

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

I just picked up my LX tonight! (56k warn)

Old 11-13-2003, 09:12 PM

Default I just picked up my LX tonight! (56k warn)

Man is this thing sweet! I only got to shoot a couple of shots with it as the store was already closed by the time the tech got done setting me up, but WOW, what a difference from the borrowed PSE Baby-G I was using.

My Rig:

Mathews LX - 27.5 draw @ 70lbs
Vital Bow Gear Rest, Sight & Stabilizer
Alpine Softlok 5-arrow Quiver
Scott Little Goose release
Carbon Express 6075 Terminator Select w/125gr tips
Rocket Ultimate Steel 125gr Broadheads

Here are some pics of my setup.

This is the case I picked out. It holds the bow securely in any position and has built in broadhead shields. I can leave my quiver attatched to the bow while it is in the case and it comes with a small toolbox.

Sorry about all the pics, but I am a very happy camper tonight and just had to share the love.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:27 PM

Default RE: I just picked up my LX tonight! (56k warn)

Sweet. Congrats on your new bow and gear. Must' ve costed you at least 1 grand+.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:07 AM

You are right on that... Now lets hope that I can actually shoot a few deer with it to make it worthwhile.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet setup! Mathews makes a great bow. That sure is an odd looking stabilizer though.

I' m glad to see I' m not the only one that has that bow case.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Very nice setup. You definitely did not spare any expenses on that one. That is for sure. I like the stabilizer. How does it work for you?
Old 11-14-2003, 11:28 AM

Well I haven' t been able to shoot it yet today, but for the 2 shots I fired yesterday were smooth as glass. No hand shock at all. It is pretty amazing.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:35 PM

I finally got to put a few arrows through it tonight and it shoots GREAT! I only had a few minutes to start getting it sighted in but I was shooting consistently enough with it that I was worried about tearing up my brand new arrows.

The pull on this one is very different from my old bow so I had the tech lower my pull to 62lbs so I can adjust and then I will have him add a pound or 2 on every week till I am back up around 70-72lbs.

I had a couple of shots chronographed tonight and was shooting consistently at 240fps. Before you think that is too slow, these are current specs:

27.5" draw
62lb pull
460gr arrows

When I get back up around 70lbs, I expect I will be getting 270fps or so.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:00 PM

How do you like the VBG rest? I looked at those...interesting design.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:46 PM

I like it alot! I can put my arrow in it and then move the bow any way I want and the arrow doesn' t move at all! It will be great for stalking. When you get to full draw, the arm that is holding the arrow comes off and it gives full vein clearance just like any other drop-away rest. It is also VERY quiet with my carbon arrows. It' s like having the stability of a Whisker Biscuit and the benefit of a full drop-away. It' s great!
Old 11-15-2003, 06:42 PM

Greatings from Houston, Reacher. Man, is it XMAS already? That really looks like a great setup you have. I have never shot a Mathews, but I' ll bet its nice. Congratulations!

By the way, I think posting the picture was a great idea and I wish more folks would do so.

Quick Reply: I just picked up my LX tonight! (56k warn)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.