Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gps units

Old 09-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gps units

My wife bought me a Lowrance (something or another) and it is the most complex, confusing thing I have ever tried to use. Of course I would never tell her that I did not like it.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:48 AM

Wheatley,

It sound as if you are not with Garmin anymore?????

I am hoping you can point me in the right direction......

My original Vista was broken by out wonderful Homeland Security workers last winter. It was packed in a sock the stuffed in a shoe. I guess I brought it on myself as it probably looked supicious that way. Anyhow, I found it right on the top when I opened my suitcase and the outer screen was cracked. Otherwise it worked perfectly. Later it started to deveop and LCD problem. There would be vertical lines and it would sometimes go blank.

I bought the new Vista Cx and I like it a whole lot better, but I wouldn't mind getting this one fixed, if it's worth it, to use as a backup or to give to my Father-in-law since he doesn't have one.

Do you have any info on where I can find a repair center? NOt much on the web site.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:22 AM

You must buy an eTrex Vista!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love the Garmin Rhinos that I purchased last year. They are easy to use and the walkie-talkie feature that shows you where the people you are talking to are is very nice for a variety of reasons. The most important of which, IMO, is safety.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe that all the repairs are still done at the main building in Kansas. You just need to call customer service and get a return number. Back when I worked on them they had a flat rate service charge and not matter waht was wrong with it they would fix it at the same charge. I remember replacing many LCD's that had lines missing or completely black. They will update the software replace the screen and LCD. They will also restore all the waypoints routes and any other information you have in the unit. I would think that it would be well worth it to get it repaired.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bought a magellan 3 years ago and hated it. I ended up giving the thing away.
I won a Megellan last year and thought of trying to dig into the instructions and learning how to use it... Before i go to all that trouble, can you tell me what you didn't like about yours?
Old 09-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like this thread!

I've often thought of getting a GPS. I never new what brand to get. I alsothought they would be too complicated to use.

This thread seems to be pointing toward the Garmin's.

Now that I narrowed it down to what brand, I just have to figure out which model.

My Birthday is coming up. I guess I'll have to start dropping some hints around the house

Old 09-15-2006, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used a Garmin 12XL for many years and think it is great.I will be getting a new Garmin within a couple of months ans I believe I will be buying a map model 60csx.Greatcustomer service,great product!
Old 09-16-2006, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Garmin eTrex Legend (the blue one) and think it is fantastic and a really great buy that is packed with features!

Here is a link to Garmin's site with all the eTrex series' models so you can click on them and check each one out.

http://www.garmin.com/outdoor/products.html

Butch A.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:53 AM

I bought a Lowrance 3 years ago and hate it, its too hard to work you have to relean it every year because its so difficult to use, if i ever loose the instructions I'm srewed,,,I will buy one that easier to use next year for sure.

Quick Reply: Gps units

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.