Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does - Fawns....I'm rethinking..... >

Does - Fawns....I'm rethinking.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does - Fawns....I'm rethinking.....

Old 09-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Does - Fawns....I'm rethinking.....

ORIGINAL: ks_vtec

You all have good points, but is it possible that you will have a better chance to shoot a mature buck if there are more does for it to chase?
Ok being male I have a question for you

We are in a bar and there are 25 woman "ready to go" and 5 men. Are you going to work hard to getsome or pick one and move on when your done. You are going to get at least 5, and if you are the only dominant buck the does will wait for you. Why should you chase?

Now lets say 25 woman and 25 men, the big guy gets the most. If you are the big guy how hard are you going to work to get all you can.

Fewer Does create more competion, Kanasas is one of the best states for buck to doe ratio. Why you guys have such a great deer herd.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

You all have good points, but is it possible that you will have a better chance to shoot a mature buck if there are more does for it to chase?
No just the opposite, they all compete for food. No competiton means no chasing, fighting etc...in a natural herd, the bucks to doe ratio are about even, that's unheard of in many states today. Look at PA, too many does in the past, over harvest of young bucks made this state a small buck state majority speaking. Now, our state is finally producing more and more large bucks, the doe herd is down, imagine that.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

No just the opposite, they all compete for food. No competiton means no chasing, fighting etc...in a natural herd, the bucks to doe ratio are about even, that's unheard of in many states today. Look at PA, too many does in the past, over harvest of young bucks made this state a small buck state majority speaking. Now, our state is finally producing more and more large bucks, the doe herd is down, imagine that.
Ok Rob put it better, but my version is sexy!!!
Old 09-15-2006, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive never taken a doe with fawns.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:31 AM

Now lets say 25 woman and 25 men, the big guy gets the most. If you are the big guy how hard are you going to work to get all you can.
Just like hunting-- I always look for the big doe by herself.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: ghemry

We are in a bar and there are 25 woman "ready to go" and 5 men. Are you going to work hard to getsome or pick one and move on when your done. You are going to get at least 5, and if you are the only dominant buck the does will wait for you. Why should you chase?

Fewer Does create more competion, Kanasas is one of the best states for buck to doe ratio. Why you guys have such a great deer herd.

But what if you happen to be at a Gay bar.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a good predator.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

ORIGINAL: ghemry

But what if you happen to be at a Gay bar.
Then you are inSan Francisco, and on your own[8D] I hear there is no good doe hunting there!!
Old 09-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ghemry - I have to disagree. If you're in San Fran, you have a better chance of scoring. Over half the guys are with guys, so it cuts down on the lack of competitionYou would think that the doe hunting would be great. But as Rob said, unlike real life, when you have a closer b - d habitat, you have more chasing and cruising. The old bucks start cruisin earlier because they want to be the first to find the hot one, and when she's out on the dancefloor, the other bucks are cruisin lookin for a hot one.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

You're a wise old buck!!!

Quick Reply: Does - Fawns....I'm rethinking.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.