Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 $%&#**! 35MM Stealth Cam, >

$%&#**! 35MM Stealth Cam,

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

$%&#**! 35MM Stealth Cam,

Old 09-12-2006, 07:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: $%&#**! 35MM Stealth Cam,

Through email to some friends, anyone else think they are the same deer. It's tough to see in the night shot. I had to photo's side by side and I don't think it is, it's tough to tell from the different angles. I also think this daylight pic is of a 2.5 and a 1.5 year old, any thoughts?
Old 09-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would agree on the ages.

Rob they are selling camera's that can send pictures to the web. Sounds pretty cool, I am also working a web project to keep track of deer. EBuckMail is the name of the camera, $629.00

In SQL 2005 has some pretty cool data mineing features. I have one setup where I put 20 years of data I collect. Put in date, wind direction, temp and location you want to hunt. You will get a % chance you will see deer, and a report with datesand thedeer seen or killed in the area. More for my personel use and to learn all the new data mining feature for work. I plan on building one of those game cams to send the pictures myself and load into my DB. I will let you know how it turns out.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have never had any issues with my stealth 35mm. Sound slike you may have had it set to take too many pics per motion. I leave mine set at factory defualts and never use Fuji film stick wiht Kodak and do not use 24 exposure I use 18 exposure.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also have problems with one of mine. It won't advance at all. I had 99 count on the camera and didn't get one picture.

The other one I have works fine.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Rob, I also have had problems with my Stealth Cam 35mm cameras. I never have had the problem you describe, but some others. Can't get the film to rewind by pushing in the rubber button. Just last night I lost a roll of film I was very much looking forward to developing because the film would not rewind. After taking the camera home and a closer look I discovered that some how the film got wrapped up and could not rewind. I finally got the film out and everything back together but when I tried to load another roll - now the camera won't advance the new roll. It's now in the garbage.

Here is a story for you. 2 years ago I entered a woods for an evening hunt, but before climbing my stand I checked the camera I had hung approx. 15 yrds in front of the stand. The counter said 12. Well while in my stand I had a spike walk and feed in front of the camera 2x. I remember thinking to myself I can't believe the deer didn't even react to the camera when it was taking pictures. I at least would of thought the deer would of heard the film advance. Well at the end of the hunt I climbed down and before leaving I wanted to see how many pictures it took. Too my surprise when I peaked my head around the side the counter said 12. I couldn't believe it. All of a sudden. FLASH FLASH. The damn thing didn't take one picture of a deer directly in front of it for minutes, but took 2 of me just peaking around the corner. These 35mm Stealth Cam's are OK and is what got me into this hobby, but I like some of the other cameras I have better.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:52 PM

Buy a Cuddeback! Mine is great, pictures are excellent and batteries last weeks not days.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have about10 35mm stealth cams...i use rechargable batteries (2500) and they will last me about 5-6 weeks...but regular batteries (cheapy walmart brand) will last me about3 weeks usually...i have had two cameras have that defect where they just snap pictures with no real motion.....the rest work just fine (they don't work as well in the hot heat -90-100degrees for consecutive days) but other then that the rest work just fine...good clean picutes and i use fuji film and have had no problems with them at all...i always set the camera to take 2 pictures every one minute of motion...and make sure when you put the film in and turn it on that after it is done winding you look at the front screen and it says "0" not "E"...found that one out the hard way....
Old 09-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

i have about10 35mm stealth cams...i use rechargable batteries (2500) and they will last me about 5-6 weeks...but regular batteries (cheapy walmart brand) will last me about3 weeks usually...i have had two cameras have that defect where they just snap pictures with no real motion.....the rest work just fine (they don't work as well in the hot heat -90-100degrees for consecutive days) but other then that the rest work just fine...good clean picutes and i use fuji film and have had no problems with them at all...i always set the camera to take 2 pictures every one minute of motion...and make sure when you put the film in and turn it on that after it is done winding you look at the front screen and it says "0" not "E"...found that one out the hard way....

I also use rechargables. They pay for themselves in the long run, several times over.