Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 $%&#**! 35MM Stealth Cam, >

$%&#**! 35MM Stealth Cam,

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

$%&#**! 35MM Stealth Cam,

Old 09-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default $%&#**! 35MM Stealth Cam,

It happened again. I had moved my camera out into the food plot to see what might be frequenting the clover and the newly planted Buckwheat.

View from treestand, I had the camera on the middle shrub facing the woods.

When I walked in I was shocked at all the deer tracks in the newly disced ground where the Buckwheat was growing beautifully. I know one deer can make a lot of tracks over 2 weeks but I was optimistic I had some pictures. When I approached the camera and looked around I was happy to see there were 25 pictures on it. Now that's been 2 weeks and only 25 pictures but hey, they had to walk in front of it so I was fine with that. I removed the camera and took it with me to so the area stays fresh, no camera, no anything the remaining weeks. I was hoping to get a pic of the droptine 13pt 150" deer or so I was told.

I rewound the film, that worked fine and took it get it developed. An hour later I returned. Now the girl knows me when I go in and she always smiles and I say good luck. When I returned I said "how'd we do?" She says, "not good"..."not good" I said, she says, "no, we only got one picture".....we small talk, I leave.

I know after the last time I had a problem with the film I said I'm getting a digital. No questions that by next picture season, or Christmas or what ever, that's it no more 35MM for me.

Here's my ONE picture. At least they were bucks and not fawns LOL

Old 09-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: $%&#**! 35MM Stealth Cam,

Sorry to about your $%&#**! camera but look on the bright side , you know you got at least one maybe two buck to shoot at.
That one with the tall basket like rack looks like a good one.
Hope you get a shot at him this season , good luck to ya.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

That is a real bummer Rob, but at least like you said they were bucks. My buddy has a Stealth also, and we've had nothing but problems with it too. It seems like it eats batteries, and we always have to put new ones in to rewind the film, and then those are toast also. The Stealths may be inexpensive, but their quality SHOWS it. Good luck with whatever new cam you decide on.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

moultri 200 3.1mp time

Old 09-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I had problems with my Stealth cam I called the company.

They ask what brand of film I was using.

I was using Fuji brand because it was cheaper and on sale.

The guy at Stealth told me to use Kodak. He said they had many people call in that were having problems with other brands of film but no problems with Kodak. He said for some reason the camera doesn't recognize the other brands.

I don't know how true this is but since then I've used Kodak and haven't had any more problems. I'm not sure if this is the problem you are having but I thought I'd mention it.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

I also had problems with the Fuji film. Switched back to the Kodak and no more issues.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nope Windw, I have Kodak in the camera. I don't know what happened this time. Again, it grabbled the film, it took a picture. It registered 24 more pictures but the gal at the developing said the rest of the negatives were clean, no exposure so the film never advanced past the first pic....OH well, in season scouting will tell me more.

Does anyone think that buck is this buck?

Old 09-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

Time to step into the homebrew trail cam game Rob. There are so many steups you can run that are out there right now. You can spend $150 or you can spend $400. All in what your budget says. 35mm is so 2001!! LOL
Old 09-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

NOPE
Old 09-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine eats batteries faster than I can replace them. I gave up. Anybody figure out how to make the batteries last?

I really don't want to put an expensive camera where I hunt because theft is a problem. Nobody has stolen my crappy stealth cam of course!

Quick Reply: $%&#**! 35MM Stealth Cam,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.