Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 faw distress call >

faw distress call

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

faw distress call

Old 09-10-2006, 11:13 PM

Default faw distress call

so i bought a fawn in distress call last year before the seaon. I used it several times and it brought a doe in once that was about 60 yards away when i bgan calling. I was just wonderin...what and how is the proper way to actually use this call? do you call with it blindly when u dont see anythin? how often? and until how far into the season can u use it with sucess?...like i said i used it often last season in the early season and i used it my first time out this yr and it was only semi-effective once. Im curious because ive heard that it really brings the does in quickly and effectively. Thanks for your input.
-chris
(BTW it is the knight and hale fawn distress call)

Old 09-11-2006, 03:46 AM

Default RE: faw distress call

I've been using this type of Call for as long as I've been hunting. Down here in Florida, it works well all year long. I use it blindly when I don't see any deer. I generally call for 15-30 seconds...loudly and desperately. Put as much emotion into the call as possible. Sounds funny, but pretend that you're a little fawn that's lost and wants its mommie. After each sequence, I wait...bow in hand. Sometimes, does come running in with a few minutes...sometimes they don't. But it works more times than not. These Calls can even lure in young bucks. During the rut, you may bring in a mature buck if he follows the does in to your calling. Either way, you should see something after a while. If not, do another sequence every 15-20 minutes. The louder and more desperate the better.

Good Luck!