Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 cold weather bowhunting bibs >

cold weather bowhunting bibs

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cold weather bowhunting bibs

Old 09-10-2006, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default cold weather bowhunting bibs

What kind of bibs and Parkas do some of you reccomend for bowhunting in 20 deg weather.

I am 140 lb's soaking wet and have no natural insulation [&:]so I need good stuff but am wanting something that is made for bowhunters.(quiet and close fitting)

Oh yeah,cost is of concern.I love the Raven Wear and itis awesome but it isn't going to happen on my budget.Around $300.00 - 350.00 is all I am willing to spend.

Chuck Adams put his name on some gear that was flexible but I havn't seen it lately so was it not any good or what.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: cold weather bowhunting bibs

I have a basic set of Wall's insulated camo coveralls. You can also get them in bibs and a jacket. The insulated coveralls are really great and warm. I mean WARM! I wore a pair of thermal long johns and thermal T-shirt, then a pair of sweat pants and sweat shirt, then finally the insulated camo coveralls. I ROASTED MY A$$ OFF!!! And this was even on a cold morning in Virginia when it was 18* outside and 2" of snow/sleet.

The insulated camo coveralls are awesome and allow for good mobility and are, uh, really warm.... I would look at getting something like that.

Old 09-10-2006, 06:07 PM

Couple of years ago, I purchased a pair of Silent Suede bibs from Cabelas. I am YET to be cold in those. I just wish they came in something other than MO or RT. They are by golly warm though.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:43 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Couple of years ago, I purchased a pair of Silent Suede bibs from Cabelas. I am YET to be cold in those. I just wish they came in something other than MO or RT. They are by golly warm though.
COULDNT SAY IT ANY BETTER MB
Old 09-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heater Body Suite. Never be cold again

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-11-2006, 08:43 AM
Spike

I just bought the Browning XPO bibs to replace my old non-waterproof/non-windproof bibs.

I think this last consideration is critical. Once you get below freezing, the waterproof part may not be such a great concern (although I plan to wear my Browning bibs when the temps are in the 30's - low 40's), but wind-proof is a major concern. My old bibs were comfortable and had a great deal of insulation, but they were not wind-proof and warm air was blown out of them by a cold wind.

The XPO's are only $120 at Cabelas/Gander Mountain, they are water- and wind-proof, and they haveside zippers that go all the way to the hips. This last feature means that they do not have large cargo pockets on each side as some bibs do, but I don't need the pockets anyway: I keep my stuff in a Primos vest. The full length side zippers make them much easier to put on/take off, especially over winter boots.

I am looking forward to some good, cold weather so that I can give these bibs a work out. I also have a Cabelas Revolution Fleece pull-over that gives me a water- and wind-proof upper covering including a hood if the weather gets very bad. While the pull-over is not lined, it has room to add extra clothes underneath.

I should be good down to about 20 degrees.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the replies.