Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gonna be a bad bow season >

Gonna be a bad bow season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gonna be a bad bow season

Old 09-10-2006, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default Gonna be a bad bow season

I went to the lease this moring and here in Florida, the rains have been non stop. My lease was flooded. I had to wear chest waders to reach the camp. The mosquitto's were horrible and about to get worse. With an opener in a couple of weeks, it will be all i can do to go. With deep water restricting access to much of the property and horrible bugs, I'm not sure what i'll do. For those who don't live in Florida, consider yourself lucky in this regard.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:00 PM

Default RE: Gonna be a bad bow season

Dang Teal, sorry to hear about that.

Come on up here to Washington in November, worst you'll have to worry about is a foot or so of snow.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:00 PM

Sry to hear that, but you better hope for a drought and no more hurricanes for a while. It may dry up by opener just have some faith, you just never do know. Atleast if most of the property is flooded, you will know that the deer will be in the little bit of highland that there is.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Thats terrible man c'mon over to texas its just plum hot here thats about it..a little rain in the forcast for next week.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

tealboy
Your more than welcome to come up here to Michigan and hunt with me if you want , I might not be able to provide you with room and broad but we have some Notel / Motels arond here.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Man teal i would take that offer Michigan has some big o'l boys down there!! You are a very nice person RD!!
Old 09-10-2006, 05:13 PM

Sorry to hear that. Thermacell would take care of the skeeters, but only time and a dry spell will take care of the flooding.

Hope it dries up soon for you.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

No problem I'd be more than happy to help out a fellow hunter in need besides I think it would be a great idea to meet everybody here and what better way to that.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, i was on the radar and looked and it was storming like crazy in Fl!!! Sorry to hear that hopefully some dryness with come to your area!
Old 09-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Water goes away quick in Fla. Just look for high ground and the deer will be there.

Quick Reply: Gonna be a bad bow season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.