Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 moultire digital camera >

moultire digital camera

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

moultire digital camera

Old 09-12-2006, 06:02 AM

Default RE: moultire digital camera

I have the 3.1 and the batteries seem to go forever, unless I use the flash. If I leave the flash off I am all set. I own 2 of them and will soon be purchasing 2 more. They have my vote.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cannot comment on the 1.3, but will recommend the Moultrie3.1 MP, GameSpy 200. For the money, this unit will give you what you're looking for. Like the other board members mentioned, these trail camera are a bit slow on trigger speed, however otherwise, for the money they're hard to beat. Bottom line--THEY WORK!!
I've had good results with the battery life on the three thatI use. Don't know if leaving them on charge for 'three days' makes the difference--but I can get almost 280 pictures (swapping two memory sticks) and about three weeks time, on one charge.
I am now waiting for Cabelas to get stock again of the 4.1 MP, it's even cheaper than the 3.1 and if it works as good, you really can't go wrong.
I would much rather lose the Moultrie to theft [:'(]--as against losing a Cuddeback, a LeafRiver, worse yet the Mad and the new Primos.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

MY MOULTRIE 1.3 HAS BEEN OUT ALMOST 5 WEEKS AND STILL HAS ALMOST 50% LIFE LEFT ON IT. I USED TO BUY CHEAP BATTERIES AND I WOULD ONLY GET 7-10 DAYS BUT THEN I STARTED BUYING RAYOVAC ULTRAS AND EVEN LAST WINTER WHEN THE TEPM WAS IN THE TEEN FOR A MONTH I STILL GOT ALMOST 3 WEEKS OUT OF ONE BATTERY
Old 09-12-2006, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the 2.1 version last year and worked pretty decent for me, i got a few nice pics out of it. This year now it seems to be eating my battery's for some reason, i just had to order a couple more rechargable's for it yesterday. But for what i paid for it i guess i cant complain it takes decent pics, but the motion sensor is slow...if a deer where to walk past without stopping it im pretty sure it will miss the deer.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:36 AM

I've had the good 1.3 and it has worked great. I havn't really noticed a slow trigger speed. My battery runs a long time. I'm very happy with it. Once they(can't remeber who)started coming out with the comercials on who had the fastest trigger speed the moultrie was second fastest. Also did anyone ever notice the time and date stamp on the pics. The date was right, but the times were usually a couple min. off of the first one. I think they messed up and it wasn't a valid test.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:49 AM

I have had good luck with my Camera. Same complaints as other people about the trigger speed. I bought a 256mb SD card and now can hold 700+ pictures. Not bad for $25 on the SD.