Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PIEBALD........... >

PIEBALD...........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PIEBALD...........

Old 09-05-2006, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default PIEBALD...........

Man am i excited!!! I went outthe other nightto glass the property that i hunt. There was a piebald last year that i passed on as a fawn to see what it would become andif it made it throughgun season. Well i seen it tonight and its a BUCK. He is only a small 4 or 6 but if get a chance at him this year he's going down..........This was the second piebald on the property. The first one got shot as a fawn during shotgun season by someone. HOPE I GET A CHANCE AT HIM...........
Old 09-05-2006, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PIEBALD...........

Good luck. I know someone will say it but maybe you should wait another year to let him grow. I know I wouldn't pass the chance to take him though. A trophy is in the eye the the bow holder.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's really tough to get a mature piebald since they stand out so much in the woods and many hunters will pass on other deer to get a chance at one. I took one a few years ago that was over 95% white with pink hooves. Pretty cool.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck, it's an incredible feat and feeling to hunt a specific animal like that. Several years ago I was after a 1.5 year old doe that was beautifully piebald'd. I saw her 5 times during the season and it seems see always caught me first. Every time she was already within 50-60 yards and I could never understand how she managed to show up without being seen especially with all the white on her. I never did get her that season and never saw her again. I even passed up some decent bucks waiting on her. It'll be a long time until I get another opportunity on a piebald.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had the good fortune to get a Piebald doe two years ago. I first got a couple of pics of her on my Deer Cam and started huntingher only. I saw her four times but got no shots, seemed like a ghost,and on about the 9th day she gave me a 20yrd shot. Her hide is on my wall, mostly white
with brown spots on each side. A truely unique trophy.
Good luck getting that buck, it is exciting hunting one specific deer.