Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Quiet Bow!!! How can I get One????? >

Quiet Bow!!! How can I get One?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quiet Bow!!! How can I get One?????

Old 09-05-2006, 12:24 AM

Default RE: Quiet Bow!!! How can I get One?????

If you've tried all the usual options I would suggest adding a string suppressor. I use an STS but there are a few other optionsout there. I had a quiet bow already but it is now quieter. With a string suppressor you can also remove the string leeches or cat whiskersand thatwill give you a little more speed.

Does your bow make more noise when you have it cranked up to 70#? If you haven't tried that it may change the harmonics enough andhelp your current silencing equipment work better.

Good Luck.....
Old 09-05-2006, 03:49 AM

shoot 650-700 grains of arrow weight - that arrow coming out of a compoud will absolutely DRILL anything you hit with it !

trust me ...... the heaviuer the arrow, the quieter your bow, and that is the quickest solution there is. Not only quieter, but it'll hit like a hammer because of momentum, and since you aren't going ultra-sonic speeds easier to tune.,

win/win/win

Old 09-05-2006, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

A good stabiliser , like simms , or stealth , and diamond archerys silenceing kit works wouners , all your screws should be locktited allso to prevent backing out , and shoot a heavy enough arrow .
Old 09-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

I would be willing to bet Dave hit the nail right on the head with the Kwickee Quiver spring. When I used the Kwickee Quiver one of the first things I did was to completely remove the spring clip. I would just use the knob to tighten the quiver in the bracket and never had a problem with it.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

my bow is dead silent. i even let my buddy shoot it so i could listen. its QUIETER then i though. it makes his old bow sound like a 22 going off no joke. one thing i noticed that was loud on mine was the other day i put on my quiver. i cant figure out what the noise is though. its a Alpine Soft Lock 3 arrow quiver..its mounted on with RUBBER! i think its the arrows still in the quiver that vibrate and make noise? but regaurdless it makes noise..

also what stabilizer do you use? theres some out there that are weight...theres some out there that are vib dampners.....
Old 09-05-2006, 07:34 PM

I took the Kwikiee Kwiver Mount Off and it helped alot. I Cranked up the weight and that helped also. So I'm getting better.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

davidmil knows his stuff! Listen to the man!
Good stuff! Good luck!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

An STS, Sims Libmsavers, a Sims S Coil stabilizer, and string leaches are on my bow. I shoot a 460 grain arrow too. VERY quiet.