Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Let us see your doe kill photo's >

Let us see your doe kill photo's

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let us see your doe kill photo's

Old 11-09-2002, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Let us see your doe kill photo's

I've killed 2 pretty big does. This is the one I took last year.

"If a lie is repeated often enough, the gullible public will eventually believe it." -- Paul Joseph Goebbels (Chief Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda for Adolph Hitler)

Edited by - FroMan on 11/09/2002 14:18:09
Old 11-09-2002, 06:49 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

A chance to show off my only deer. Took her with a crossbow. My first and only so far.
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/memb.../firstkill.jpg

Old 11-09-2002, 07:07 PM

dpv

It appears that your crossbow "whacked" that doe. What head was loaded on your shaft, a reverse-cone HEAT?

The only thing that bothered me about your pic was the US ARMY sew-on. I have an extra US MARINE sew-on I can send you.

Dick

Sorry to hear about what happen to your son. I feel for you and all who knew and loved your son. Without going into a long story, I was exposed many times to situations that involved your type of traumatic and gut-wrenching loss. I always struggled for the right words to say to the grief-stricken that would immediately take away their pain. Obviously, I never found the right words.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:08 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

C903

I try to keep things as simple as possible. I bought a Horton Steelforce crossbow (recurve). Got the whole kit with arrows and an extra string delivered to the house for 150. I bought a 3 pack of Allen 100 gr mechanical broadheads at Wall-mart for 10 bucks. I have one left that is in good shape (killed the other 2 shooting at squirrels and missing them.) I just bought some game tracker two blade mechanicals, but havn't even tried to print them yet. The Allens kept a very nice tight group and I have to say that the performance was fantastic. Opened fully on impact, cut thru a rib, fully pass-thru and that same head is the one I am hunting with now.
As for the ARMY patch. I earned that myself.....that's the same place I got the shoulder injury that allows me to use the Crossbow.

David
Old 11-10-2002, 12:41 PM
AK

Dick and Pork Chop, You guys both landed heffers! Beautiful looking country you're hunting in as well Dick.

I love chasing does around. IMO, it is more difficult to get an arrow off at a group of does or a solitary old doe than a buck. Especially during the rut, bucks (provided you can find them) are relatively easy.

Here's a couple of does I managed this year...

Old 11-10-2002, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

Ak.
I hunt in Washington State and am retired. I prefer taking does because I am a meat hunter. Besides, I've never seen a recipe for antlers.

She was taken in the mountains North of Winthrop Washington and not too far from the Canadian Border. This year we came across a Griz trail and the morning I took my doe one of my hortners was showing another the Griz trail and darn if they didn't get too close to the large boar. Probably crossed the border from Canada. They said he was Humongous.

Bowhunter
Old 11-10-2002, 08:11 PM

None yet this year, but here's the does from the last 2 years:

---
Live: Oregon, IL
Hunt: Knox County, IL

Edited by - sven on 11/10/2002 21:17:25
Old 11-12-2002, 02:07 PM

My nephew's 178 lb doe. Shot from ground blind.

Week later, 7-10 miles from our area, a 215 lb doe was harvested by another bowhunter.

State: Illinois
Old 11-12-2002, 03:37 PM

The first doe was about 100 lbs on the hoof-The second was slightly heavier.Both taken from the same stand

It's not how big the Deer,But the size of the experiance that matters!!

Edited by - carpetguy on 11/12/2002 16:38:45