Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shooting a loop

Old 09-01-2006, 07:33 AM

Default Shooting a loop

Is a loop the best thing to use.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:37 AM
Spike

Default RE: Shooting a loop

Depends on who you talk to. It does stop the serving from wearing, gets your release in line with your arrow, makes it easier to tune you bow.

It also could break and then you could punch your self in the face, it slows your arrow down a couple ft/sec.

I love mine.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:21 AM

Default RE: Shooting a loop

It has advantages, I don't know if I would call it the "best" though. Would all depend on your set up and how you liked using one.

I can shoot just as well either way to be honest. If you are on the verge of being too long on draw length, you might want to stick with shooting off the string because the loop will make your perceived draw length longer. Unless you chage to a release with shorter head.

It shouldn't slow your bow down any though, if anything you should pick up a few FPS because a loop is lighter than brass nocks.

For a hunting bow only I don't think I would mess with one, but if you shoot a lot or want to target shoot it might be worth trying to see if you like it.

Do a search for string loops and you should get a tone of info.

Paul