Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cocaine hole

Old 08-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cocaine hole

Pic of the hole. The deer is standing in it...up to the jionts of her front leg. Last year I dumped it on the ground, and this year it is that deep already.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cocaine hole

another pic of her standing in the hole...I know this takes me out of the "fair chase" ctaegory, but oh well.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes that takes you out of the "fair chase" category and puts you in the "not legal" category if your hunting that spot in Pa.[:@]
Old 08-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

Yes that takes you out of the "fair chase" category and puts you in the "not legal" category if your hunting that spot in Pa.[:@]
My thoughts exactly!
Old 08-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ive never had much luck out of the stuff

Old 08-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sec. 2308. Unlawful devices and methods.

(a) General rule. - Except as otherwise provided in this title, it is unlawful for any person to hunt or aid, abet, assist or conspire to hunt any game or wildlife through the use of:

(8) Any artificial or natural bait, hay, grain, fruit, nut, salt, chemical, mineral or other food as an enticement for game or wildlife, regardless of kind and quantity, or take advantage of any such area or food or bait prior to 30 days after the removal of such material and its residue.
Nothing contained in this subsection shall pertain to normal or accepted farming, habitat management practices, oil and gas drilling, mining, forest management activities or other legitimate commercial or industrial practices. Upon discovery of such baited areas, whether prosecution is contemplated or not, the commission may cause a reasonable area surrounding the enticement to be posted against hunting or taking game or wildlife. The posters shall remain for 30 days after complete removal of the bait.

Then is it also illegal to hunt over a single apple tree, oaks, hickorys, hay fields not being farmed, wheat etc?
I am assuming that a food plot is considered habitat management practices.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Again...these pics are from WV....I got the camera this weekend while we were down at our farm. I know the PA laws fellas.

ORIGINAL: PA Bow/Flinter

My thoughts exactly!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great point. We always had this debate...in WV you can bait, and other states as well. The same person crying bait..bait will sit by a well used trail heading right into an orchard or corn field....never understood that.

ORIGINAL: tkycaller

Sec. 2308. Unlawful devices and methods.

(a) General rule. - Except as otherwise provided in this title, it is unlawful for any person to hunt or aid, abet, assist or conspire to hunt any game or wildlife through the use of:

(8) Any artificial or natural bait, hay, grain, fruit, nut, salt, chemical, mineral or other food as an enticement for game or wildlife, regardless of kind and quantity, or take advantage of any such area or food or bait prior to 30 days after the removal of such material and its residue.
Nothing contained in this subsection shall pertain to normal or accepted farming, habitat management practices, oil and gas drilling, mining, forest management activities or other legitimate commercial or industrial practices. Upon discovery of such baited areas, whether prosecution is contemplated or not, the commission may cause a reasonable area surrounding the enticement to be posted against hunting or taking game or wildlife. The posters shall remain for 30 days after complete removal of the bait.

Then is it also illegal to hunt over a single apple tree, oaks, hickorys, hay fields not being farmed, wheat etc?
I am assuming that a food plot is considered habitat management practices.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Might Mite

Again...these pics are from WV....I got the camera this weekend while we were down at our farm. I know the PA laws fellas.

ORIGINAL: PA Bow/Flinter

My thoughts exactly!
Thanks for the clarification!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

no problem....that's how rumors get started lol.

Quick Reply: Cocaine hole

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.