Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

gas wells

Old 08-27-2006, 03:54 PM

Default gas wells

Here in southwestern Pennsylvania certain gas companies are installing many gas wells. What's bad is that the majority of these wells seem to be near or in some of my prime hunting areas including several wooded spots. A neighboring farm where I hunted on occasion is soon to have 33 wells located on this property. During the spring gobbler season, I noticed a huge decrease in the amount of birds seen as well as their vocalism. With the Pennsylvania bow season coming close (September 30th), I'm worried that my deer hunting is going to be foiled as well. My current landlord has given me permission to hunt his property (somewhere close to 93 acres) but due towork, my scouting time is limited. The huntersare also not as big on deer management and go more for the "If it's brown, it's down" theory, so I'm weary to hunt this property as I have become more of a trophy hunter in the last few years. Is anyone running into this problem as well? How soon should I expect things to settle down so that the hunting is good again?
Old 08-27-2006, 04:12 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Default RE: gas wells

I see this where Ilive but they are oil wells and the game just seem to disapear. There is just tomuch activity for wild life just my thought.