Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Carrying a stand AND a pack >

Carrying a stand AND a pack

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Carrying a stand AND a pack

Old 08-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Carrying a stand AND a pack

One strap has a buckle and I loop this around the top of the stand. Put a bungy around it for added security and to keep it tight to the stand.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I gotta take all that stuff , I'll put everything on my game cart and wheel it in.
What can I say, I'm just a FAT , LAZY OLD FART.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

Depends on how long the walk and how much is in my pack. If I know I'm going to be walking a good distance I'll usually strap my pack to my stand. If i'm not going to walking all that far then I'll put my stand on my back, and then wear my pack on the front side of me. Works fine for me....you might not like it though.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:32 PM

Strap it tightly to your stand and leave about 10 minutes earlier than usual so that you can walk slowly and take breaks as needed. The last thing you need to do is break a big sweat on the way to your stand. It sucks taking that long walk but you can't kill em from the couch.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Challynger

Anybody figure out a way to carry both a climbing treestand AND a hunting pack? I was going to try puting the pack on the back of the treestand somehow. Sure to be a lot of weight on my back, but I need to have all my stuff with me.Hoping it won't be too bad as long as it's evenly distributed.
That's what I do, sometimes a bungee keeps it quiet.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a fanny pack that I attatch to the stand.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

I found the best for me was to wear my backpack in front of me, it balances the weight and actually seems to be better then just carrying the stand on my back. I'm sure I look like a fool doing it but if it saves my back I don't care.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:22 AM
Typical Buck

I just started carrying a back pack 2 or 3 yrs. ago. It's great because you can walk in light clothing and add layers after to get setup. I strap mine to the stand also, but not on the stand, kind of hanging to the bottom of it. It distributes it's weight better that way. JUst let it bounce of ya butt.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:06 AM

I don't usually carry a stand in. It's either set up before since everything but 1 is a ladder stand, or I am going to a fixed location/stand.
That said, the times I have carried in I use one of those frame packs that have a small pack on a large rigid light aluminium frame.Justset the stand on the shelf and bind it down like you would a quarter of game.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Loggy, Loggy, Loggy, it's the perfect stand for a back pack. Because it's only one piece and the folding seat acts like a frame, my pack hooks to the toe bar and sits perfectly snug against the stand for hiking in the woods. It's just like adding and external removable frame to my back pack. When I climb the tree I put the pack on my back and hook it to my safety strap when I'm hunting.