Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This is Sad!

Old 08-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default This is Sad!

Looks like he will get another year. Do you think he broke off part of the right side or grew like that. I hope to get more pics of him to see what the damage is.

Old 08-26-2006, 12:53 PM

Default RE: This is Sad!

Why is it "sad"??
Old 08-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

?? looks good to me
Old 08-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to see a similar right side thats comparable to the left. If he broke it off it I will let him go another year. If he grew that way I would happily harvest him. Just hate to see a deer with that much junk breaking off part of it.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see...still a nice buck
Old 08-26-2006, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: IL_ray_phillips

I would like to see a similar right side thats comparable to the left. If he broke it off it I will let him go another year.
Why?

If he grew that way I would happily harvest him. Just hate to see a deer with that much junk breaking off part of it.
Why?
Old 08-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not sure he broke it off, looks like the antler main beam tip in front of the G1 and on the right side of that tree, it looks like a hint of antler there too. Perhaps the tree is just blocking most of his antler...his right might not be as good as the left but I don't think it's broken off and hell, I'd take him, he's a dandy.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:08 PM

I gotta agree with Rob here. I was going to respond with something to that affect earlier tonight but wasn't sure.

I was thinking it just wasn't the greatest pic of the buck and that some of his rack was hidden.

Keep on checking the trail cam, you may be surprised next time around. You might have yourself a shooter and a darn good one at that!!
Old 08-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Typical Buck

I'll agree with you man. That would be a shame if that big boy broke his rack that bad. But it could be behind the tree. Looks like you can almost make it outon the backside of the tree. If he was on my land and broke them that bad, I'd see what he grows next year. Thats a nice buck.

Some will try to give you a hard time about the trophy thing, but I like doe meat and hunting mature bucks for the challenge of it. The nice rack is just something to be proud of.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:46 AM
Fork Horn

Looks like dinner to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.