Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 reflex  highlander or fred bear instinct? >

reflex highlander or fred bear instinct?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

reflex highlander or fred bear instinct?

Old 08-28-2006, 06:58 PM

Default RE: reflex highlander or fred bear instinct?

ORIGINAL: firemedic_79

Find a shop that will let you shoot any bow they sell. Find one that feels good in your hand and at full draw.

Just another thing to consider...I was looking for a bow in the same price range and was seriously considering the new Fred Bear line. Then I shot a Diamond Victory and that was my bow. However it retailed $200 over my budget. I found a new 2005 model for $350. My local bow shop currently has a Bowtech Tribute demo bow completely set up for $600. If you aren't set on a '06 model, you may have some more options.
yeah i am starting to see the light there, after going to see and shoot the fred bear instinct I ran into some less expensive hoyts, a powertec for $500 and an ultratec for $450.

this archery shop is known to be on the high side so i am wondering just how cheap I could find a powertec.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:49 PM

I love my 06 Buckskin. Reflex is an awesome made bow and backs it up. Well worth the money for it. Shoots great no vibration, and very very dependable.

Mark
Old 08-28-2006, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd personally go with the Reflex. I own one and used to shoot one as my primary bow. I don't have anything bad to say about it, and for the money, it's a heck of a good bow.

I'd purchase another one if I had the money, as I have no complaints.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Almost forgot Exoman...we almost have the exact same name on here... Froman and Exoman...interesting...
Old 08-28-2006, 08:37 PM

ORIGINAL: FroMan

I'd personally go with the Reflex. I own one and used to shoot one as my primary bow. I don't have anything bad to say about it, and for the money, it's a heck of a good bow.

I'd purchase another one if I had the money, as I have no complaints.
the only reason I am leaning towards shelling out another $100 for a cheaper hoyt is for the 5 layer limbs. otherwise id be happy with the reflex highlander.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:41 PM

From what I understand the Hoyt Ultratec is the same thing as the Highlander. I could be wrong. Go back to the pro shop and check for yourself. Reflex has the slam 1/2 technology that goes into the highest end Hoyts. You might want to check out Diamonds, they have the same technology as Bowtech.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:22 PM

ORIGINAL: J Bolt 7mm

From what I understand the Hoyt Ultratec is the same thing as the Highlander. I could be wrong. Go back to the pro shop and check for yourself. Reflex has the slam 1/2 technology that goes into the highest end Hoyts. You might want to check out Diamonds, they have the same technology as Bowtech.
you are thinking ultrasport. from the looks, the ultrasport even uses the same solid fb limbs. i dont mind the magnesium riser however I am wanting layeredc limbs, which is pointing me in the powertec/vtec/xxxxxxtec direction.
the main difference between alot of these magnesium riserd hoyts is the cams and limbs. the limbs are undoubtedly better, the cams I am not educated enough to say whether or not they are really much better.

i think the powertec is what I am zoned in on because its prcied like a super slam but with better cams and limbs, and I can live without aluminum risers.

On the spec sheet the only thing the powertec is missing when compared to the other hoyts is the triax pocket stabilizers.

still researching whether thats a spec worth having...