Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 both eyes open or not? >

both eyes open or not?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

both eyes open or not?

Old 08-25-2006, 09:26 PM

Default RE: both eyes open or not?

I have never been able to shoot with both open. Don't really know why but I just can't.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Site Buck Guru

I believe that two eves open is best, but I can't do it. The best I can do is to draw back and start sighting with both open then close my left at the last second and finish the shot.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Anthony T.

I shoot with both open with rifle or bow. It's alot easier to accquire the target using both eyes.
Ditto.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:52 PM

It depends which eye is dominant. If you're right eye-right hand dominate then both eyes open will work for you. If you're left eye-right hand dominant it'll be harder for you.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

For hunting I think both eyes open is a must! You can see your target so much better, and often your target is in low light. One thing is if you shoot both eyes open you need to make sure you are shooting with your dominant eye....this is very important. If you shoot with the correct eye dominace you can shoot with one eye open or closed.....it really doesn't matter. If you don't shoot with your dominant eye and you shoot eyes open or closed you will and could have real problems. If you don't shoot with you dominate eye, you probably have to shoot one eye closed!

Good Luck!
Old 08-26-2006, 12:21 AM
Fork Horn

When I try that I always see double. I guess I have bad eyes.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Fork Horn

i shoot both eyes open, but i shoot a recurve andmy compound to. i think both eyes open lets you stay calmer and less likely to pull a shot,you can see everything and no little surprises.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot one eye open i am right handed but left eye dominate so its hard to focus with both open. I think if you can shoot with both open its the way to go
Old 08-26-2006, 07:05 AM

I shoot with both eyes open, with no problems but I would do what ever works for you,,,but I think both eyes open is best.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:30 AM

yea since ive started shooting both eyes open its totally helped my acuracy. i am using a peep and it doesnt seem to bother me with focusing. i was just curious how many others do it. thanks for all the feedback

Quick Reply: both eyes open or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.