Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow stand set-ups. >

Bow stand set-ups.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow stand set-ups.

Old 08-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bow stand set-ups.

Here are some in the stan pics of one of my favorite spots. I have taken some really nice bucks from this spot including last years buck.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry messed up. here are some in the stand pics. This is one of my best spots for a south wind. There is a nice creek that snakes by this stand and makes it a nice funnel area. It has produced several nice bucks including last years kill.

Old 08-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

If someone can fix that crap I'll give ya my pass word.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a picture and this might not be your typical setup, but I have taken 5 deer out of it in the last 3 years. It is in one of my neighbors back yards. There is a white oak tree that is about 4 ft in dia. in his yard that seems to rain acorns every year and it is the only one in the area. Talk about a deer magnet. I have taken 4 does and a nice 8 pt. that scored 118 in. I climb a tree 25 yds away from the big oak and wait for the deer to come up a little creek to dine on the feast. Even though these are suburban deer the still have all of there senses in overdrive when they come in. It does work out every time but where does it? If I get busted I have to let it sit for a while. My neighbor keeps me posted on deer sightings. By the way, our subdivision is all 3 acre lots with plenty of woods and a few creeks running thru it.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:52 PM

Mowtown, just hit enter twice between each picture instead of putting them back to back.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Dan, I'll give that a try next time. Give this young man one of them there fancy rack thingys. I think he has always been a big help.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:28 PM

James Vee... Where in Wi are you Hunting? I hunt in the south east, just outside of milwaukee county. That looks pretty sweet.

I dont have a pic of my new stand location, but its pretty sweet. I will get a pic soon,

It sits in a strip of woods that is about a mile long. The wood surrounds the creek/river that runs between farm fields. The the east and west are corn fields and to the north west is oats.

The woods is only about 75 yards wide with the creek bed bein about 10 yards accoss and favoring the east side of the woods. It make a natural corrador for the deer too run up and down seein as to the south of my woods is a nature presever that is 50 acres. The food is all up my way so the run the woods to get up to the food and back to go to bed.

Had plety of oppertuntiy at does last year as they came in every night, but chose to pass as it was a doe and 2 yearlings. Gotta let them grow.

Had a chance on some bucks, but they were always out of rangeand coming from the south so i changed my tree this year and my point of entry. I can slip in quick and quiet.

Will post pic next time i check the cam.
Pines
Old 08-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt both Douglas and Bayfield Counties. Thanks for the replies guys, and I look forward to seeing more pics.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is the kind of info I like to see. Thanks for starting this James. Keep the pics rolling guys. I'm a rookie at bowhunting and need all the help I can get.

LT
Old 08-26-2006, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice thread now if can just remember to take a camera with me so i can post some pics of my stands

Quick Reply: Bow stand set-ups.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.