Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Backyard Ranges, or any Ranges? >

Backyard Ranges, or any Ranges?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Backyard Ranges, or any Ranges?

Old 08-22-2006, 05:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Backyard Ranges, or any Ranges?

Great looking ranges guys...hope to see more...

Well, my belly's full, my thirst quenched and I just got in from shooting a couple dozen arrows. Here's my last 5 from off the deck.

Disclaimer: Of course I would never shoot a whitetail in the head, that would not be ethical. I was aiming for the hole a bee had dug into the target....And it appears as if I could tweak my 20 up and left bringing it down and right....but that was enough tonight...my thirst came back.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob your sure have a nice set up. I think we are all jealous
Old 08-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

dde blance,
That's my garage. No one coming out from behind it. All is safe.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rhody, no need, it's just a back yard with some targets...thanks..

rybohunter, looks like a great range, nice versatility in targets.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:57 PM

Nice setup Rob!

Thats what I miss about my parent's place, a nice place to shoot. Now I am in a residential section that won't let me shoot. Good news though, today was my first day at the archery club I just signed up with. Indoor/ outdoor, 24/7.

So where is the indoor range and the bowshop.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bowshop is in the basement, not totally setup cause the garage isn't done but I have the stuff...lol

Indoor range, same place but it's only 16 1/3 yards..LOL

Congrats, ranges like that are hard to come by...keep in good standings.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good shootin' buddy!
Old 08-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your a lucky man Rob to have that in your backyard. Someday we are gonna have to meet up when I am in PA and either hunt or shoot some 3D's together.

Unfortunately I have to travel to my shooting spots, but I do have access to some awesome facilities though so I can't complain. The local club (3-4 miles away) has a 14 lane indoor 20 yard range that is heated and has the best lighting I have ever seen for indoor spots, 10/20/30/40/50 yard bags outside, a full 14 target nfaa field course, and 30 3D's. The shop I have 15 yards indoors which is perfect for blank bale and aiming drills. Then the most awesome facility I have ever been to is the Archery Barn which my co-worker lives at about half an hour from me. This is where I got coached last season before I switched coaches, and where I did a lot of my shooting last winter. They have an indoor heated range that goes to 60 yards, we shoot 540 rounds in there and general practice at 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 yards. It also has 2 seperate indoor 20 yard ranges, a dart video system, an outdoor 20 target 3D course, and a full 40 target 90 meter FITA field that has held the last 2 years of NYS Star FITA championships on 40 or so acres. There are enough 60X NFAA, and 450 score vegas targets in there that the wall is literally covered the whole way down and 9 feet up on both sides of the one indoor 20 yard range. IT's an awesome site. There are even a few 45X vegas 3 spot targets on the wall in there.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Greg

Rick James, (Matt) You have got to have some of the best opportunities for versatile shooting of anyone I have ever heard of. I can't travel in any direction and have all that. There are several indoor lanes available over winter via a few small shops and also Gander MT...Nothing more than 20 yard indoors. About 40 minutes from me has indoor 3D out to 30 yards....

Anytime your near here, bring the bow, we'll figure something out. The first Sunday of every month there is a great shoot nearby...every Sunday there is one somewhere....worst case, I'll shoot with you and Matt and APAjaws in Harrisburg next winter/spring show.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Mine looks like sideways......down to the cheapo 15' ladder stand .

We have a 3 acre homesite (surrounded by 24 acres of unihabited woods on each side)......with only 1 acre being "open". Our(son and I)ladder stand is off the driveway .....and in the woods. We move the 3D's and blocks around to different locations.....and to simulate different conditions (this is also a GREAT time to help jr. with shot selction....and to show him which shots are and are not ethical).

Good post.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Backyard Ranges, or any Ranges?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.