Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Hunting Show Opinions... >

Best Hunting Show Opinions...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Hunting Show Opinions...

Old 08-22-2006, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default Best Hunting Show Opinions...

I am curious as to what people would call the "Best Hunting Show" on TV... We hear about all the bad ones, but what about the Best...

I think Whitetail Country is one of the better shows on TV, I really enjoy watching all the "Pros" and seeing how they live and what drives them... I also just strated watching Gettin Close, and from what I have seen those 2 get things done, and do it in an awesome friends and family setting... I think they have a Great Show, and take some Awesome Animals in the process...

Not sure which one is "Best"...
Old 08-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Best Hunting Show Opinions...

I don't know about the shows, in particular......but there's one guy out there that seems genuine, to me. If he tells me something ....I believe it (other than the sponsor-related comments). I've seen his hunts chronicled on the show.....hunts with friends....hunts with his daughter......and isn't too good to get behind the camera and do that work, too. He seems to be the most knowledgeable person that I've seen in the industry......from whiteails to elk.

Brad Farris.

If he's hunting....I'll watch it.

Jeff
Old 08-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

primos, knight and hale, deer and deer hunting, bowhunter magazine tv, spirit of the wild are my favorites. the first 4 for being realistic and informative, the last for just being crazy
Old 08-22-2006, 12:10 PM

my favorite is real tree road trips.and archers choice. michael waddel and ralph and vicky put together some nice hunts and they also give alot of good advice on things you need to know in the deer woods. the shows i cant stand are the shows with the hunters hunting high fence or under feeders. to me that is just not hunting. that should be called killing cause your gauranteed a deer every time.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:41 PM

I see too many shows and forget all their names, but the ones I hate are the ones where they sit up in an elevated press box with chairs and shoot their rifles 100+ yards to knock down a deer. That's not hunting!

Give me a hunter who treks into the woods, hangs a stand, sits there all day, allows deer to feed and pass, to finally wait for that one special deer or head back home or to camp empty handed. That's hunting!
Old 08-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

Gettin Close, Archers Choice and Jim Shockey just for some of the close encounters