Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 World Hunting Association - what was wrong with it again ? >

World Hunting Association - what was wrong with it again ?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

World Hunting Association - what was wrong with it again ?

Old 08-21-2006, 11:01 PM

Default World Hunting Association - what was wrong with it again ?

Honeslty, and seriously, they were going to catch and release big game animals, not unlike fisherman catch and release fish (and we as hunters don't have a problem with that, do we ?)

The animals in the pens they're going into are not wild game, they're more like livestock. And they've abandoned the darting, now they're going to shoot and kill the animals from what I've read.

So my question is this ......... are y'all still against it, now that its killing instead of darting ?

Why or why not ?

Because in reality, those animals are privately owned, and the owners should be able to dart them or kill them - their choice. Its livestock afterall.

Or is the real meat here, that they're calling it HUNTING and in the Name of Hunting when it really isn't ? Is that the main problem we have with it ?
Old 08-21-2006, 11:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: World Hunting Association - what was wrong with it again ?

Not being rude, but there's a link at the top of the page which reads "Search the Forum"... This has been beat to death and then some, even since Farbman has reconsidered his position.

No offense, but I'm going to lock this just because there's a myriad of threads pertaining to this issue.

Here ya go, FNG... Read to your heart's content... http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1649162