..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Good WHA article >

Good WHA article

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good WHA article

Old 08-18-2006, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good WHA article

During my early morning ritual of finding out what's going on in the hunting world I stumbled across this article on National Geographic's website. Looks like the Michigan government is now getting involved in the actualy legality of the WHA.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/08/060816-hunting.html
Old 08-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Good WHA article

I questioned the legality of this practice in the first place. The drugs are not being used for any therapeutic purpose. There may be a lawsuit to stop them.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good article.
Funny thathe has only filled 7 of 8 shooter spots.... can't find 8 people in the country who thinks that this is a good idea perhaps??? lol

Old 08-18-2006, 10:24 AM

I hope they put a stop to this [>:]its hard to believe their would people to sign up for this ,or is it you just have to have a big bank account[:-]
Old 08-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hope they stop this clown as well. Even in his own quotes to promote hunting, he degrades the image of hunters on his own. His attempts to find support for this ridiculous tournament are pathetic.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome.

And you're right, Rob... Farbman sounds more and more stupid every time he opens his mouth.

To have him even intimate that he's even on the periphery of speaking for the hunting community at large makes my stomach turn; I hope the divide between him and us (us being the general hunting community) grows deeper and wider, and he alienates himself to the point where no one thinks of him even being remotely associated with true hunters and what we stand for.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I posted yesterday about the WHA article in Outdoor Lifes september issue.I have to believe there is going to be significant out cry from their readership! It would behoove us all to log on to Outdoor Life's website and let them know how we feel.One Of OL field editors Michael Hanback is adamently against the WHA and has been very out spoken about it.
It would be excellent if the Michigan state goverment shut him down.
All of HNI's Michigan members should get in the ear of your elected officials,this is an absolute win/win for a politician,they will be a hero in the minds of conservatives and liberals if they help in shutting the WHA down!
Old 08-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

they will be a hero in the minds of conservatives and liberals if they help in shutting the WHA down!
Very, very good point, tsoc... and one which the politicians rarely get to take the opportunity to experience.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would only caution though that getting lawmakers to defeat this also opens up the door to how those lawmakers can have input over the rest of the hunting community at a later date. You'd have to make sure that it's not the hunting itself they have any input over, but rather the use of the drugs involved.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:04 PM

"This week state officials are meeting with WHA representatives to gather information before reaching a verdict, says attorney general spokesperson Rusty Hills."

Anyone else afraid that Farbman is going to try and buy the AG and other state officials off? I mean, we all know Farbman has deep pockets, what do you want to bet that these WHA reps are nothing more than Farbman's accountant and a check book?

I seriously hope that this isn't the case, but I can honestly see it happening.

Quick Reply: Good WHA article

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.