Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Helical Fletching,arrow rest question. >

Helical Fletching,arrow rest question.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Helical Fletching,arrow rest question.

Old 01-13-2002, 05:17 AM

Default Helical Fletching,arrow rest question.

Fellow Archers,Im presently using a NAP Quicktune3000 arrowrest. Does anyone know what kind of helical in degrees i can shoot through this particular rest? a friend (who knows even less than myself) was using a different rest, but had noticeable degree of helicalon his arrow vanes. His arrows flew much straighter than mine did with broadheads. Any help would be appreciated.
Dusty9
Old 01-13-2002, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Helical Fletching,arrow rest question.

a lot depends on the type of shaft you are using(carbon or aluminum or "skinny carbon). I just try differnt amounts until I get good clearance. I mostly shoot carbon now, but I spread the prongs on the rest as far apart as I can and still have the rest hold the arrow. I fletch my own arrrows so I can fiddle around until I find what works. If you don't make your own arrows Maybe a proshop will have some differnt arrows laying around that you can try.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS