Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New World Hunting Association Website >

New World Hunting Association Website

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New World Hunting Association Website

Old 08-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New World Hunting Association Website

Gobblers... As far as I knew it's always been this way.... I know for a factyou vote on the dreamseason website for your favorite team. Wether or not this is how the winner is chosen, *shrugs* I'm not sure. I would think it has some baring, maybe not on the outcome, but on some aspect.

Nix.... Actually, I have no experience with high-fence operations... All I've ever hunted was our family spread out on the Edwards Plateau, and a few patches of logging woods in East Texas. But I do know there's a difference between a 100 acre holding pen, and 10,000 acre wide open ranch. If the ranch is larger than the deer's home range, and they do not overstock beyond the land's natural carrying capacity, the high-fence may not have the negative impact everyone here seems to suggest. I won't go into the whole "breeding stock" concept. A little too playing God for me....

The fact is, most high fence places in texas, with the exception of YO and King ranch, are 1000 acres or less. It is nearly impossible to find multiple thousand acre spreads here now... The "subdivide land and multiply profit" mentality is taking over the agricultural lands now too.

HOWEVER... I will never hunt a high-fence property.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: New World Hunting Association Website

Davoh:

Best I remember.....the Drury boys and the folks from Robinson (Scent Blocker) picked the winners, last season.

Jeff