Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lost Another Stand... >

Lost Another Stand...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lost Another Stand...

Old 08-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Lost Another Stand...

I hate when that happens!!!!!!!!![:@]I've had a lone wolf hang on and a API super baby stolen before. It makes you wish you had a trail cam hidden away. I never leave mine now. And this was on MY PROPERTY!!! If I ever catch someone doing it, I'll flip tha frucgg out for sure. It makes you want to run electrcity thru them. That would be sweet!
Old 08-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear enough about stolen stands so that when I use them, I'm either in them or they are locked in my truck. Sad.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

I believe Mr. George W. Bush said it best... "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... uh... err... you can't get fooled again."
Old 08-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

An API climber can easily be locked to a tree...Remove the pins that go into the chain, and replace with 4 long shank locks...If they take it they have to either cut down the tree, or cut the chain that is part of the strand...I too had a API Baby Grand stolen...once...

PS...I had a feeder stolen also....But, I knew who had taken...it took methree years before he cleaned out his shed...The sheriff returned my feeder...
Old 08-13-2006, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had an experience with a lazy thief. My buddy and I left the woods for a couple of hours for lunch. When he got back to his stand his canvas bag that he left buried in some leaves at the base of the tree was gone. In the bag was extra steps, some rope, and a small pruning saw. The theif never touched the steps in the tree or the stand itself. I know he was lucky that his stand was still there, but even the smaller value of the stolen items had me pissed off big time.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Stand theives should be strung up by their nads! It has to be one of the worse things hunting related that can be done to you.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Dominant Buck

I had one stolen, last year. I had hunted out of it, ONCE.

I had a good idea who took it......and my son WAS friends with both of the "suspects". They didn't know the stand was mine, but that's beside the point. I just told my son......that if they knew ANYTHING about my stand missing .....they should let me know, now.....or that I would prosecute them (yeah, I know.....but they're young).

I went back to the woods the next morning.....just "on a hunch".....and my stand was back up......steps and all.....down to my tow rope wrapped around the rung on the steps. It was perfect.

Nobody ever admitted exactly who did it.......but I got a letter from one of the suspects......that told me (I just know) it wasn't him. I found out later....it was the other one.

I have exclusive permission to hunt my area....and the landowner told me in no uncertain terms.....to take down ANY stand if I were to find someone trespassing. I'll oblige....after consulting with him.....but I don't see this as ever being an issue.

Jeff
Old 08-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

I write on my stands and steps. "Please don't steal this stand, I work hard too. If you want to hunt here please call 475-XXXX, Thank you" Seems to work, haven't had one swiped that was wrote on yet. Have lost a few before that though.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

I write this ever year, but maybe I can find time to follow through with it this year.

We need to each pettion our states to take the hunting rights away from any individual caught stealing a stand...PERIOD.

2 years first offense
Lifetime second offense.

With the advent of low cost (concealed) cameras, we may be on the verge of finally being able to catch these SOB's.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Orion.....

I've been saying it since last year....

THE GREATEST trail cam picture of all......will be the first time someone catches a thief stealing a stand.

Please, God.....

Jeff

Quick Reply: Lost Another Stand...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.