Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I just don't know >

I just don't know

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I just don't know

Old 08-12-2006, 01:18 PM

Default I just don't know

I know this mite be a dumb question but I don't know. I read about spin testing your arrow and broad head . How do you go about doing that. Can you do it with out buying the spin tester I seen on bass pro? If not, how dose that thing work? What dose it do if your arrow is not rite. not spin ,jump off, ect. ..
Old 08-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I just don't know

You can spin test your arrows by resting the point on a hard surface and giving it a spin. Try to have the arrow stand straight up while spinning. If it wobbles your arrow may be bentor the broadhead is not aligned properly. Try a different broadhead to see if that helps. No wobbles = better flight.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:20 PM

Yep, you can stand them on the point and spin them. You are looking for broadhead wobble. I install my inserts w/ broadheads attached to them. If they wobble, I spin the insert 1/4 turn until it doesn't wobble. A BH that wobbles is a son of gun to tune. They just don't fly good at all. Yes, you can also insert a different head. You want ZERO wobble in your BH's

The commercially available arrow spinner works very well, but so does standing them on end.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I spin them in the palm of my hand.

First put a target tip in.

Put the arrow in your hand with the point in the palm and holding the shaft between your thumb and middle finger.

Now spin it on your palm.

You will see it and feel it wobble if it is bent.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whoooooops! I just realized you were asking about broadhead and arrow,

Oh well, my method works for finding bent aluminum arrows, sorry.

Might work for broadhead and arrow if you don't mind slicing your fingers once in a while.