Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do you like your fletch? >

How do you like your fletch?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you like your fletch?

Old 08-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default How do you like your fletch?

Well, not how you do it, but how do you like them done. Straight, with a left or right helicle? Just wondering what works best. Also, feathers or plastic? Thanks.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:54 AM

Default RE: How do you fletch arrows?

the best IMO is using arrow wraps, and fletch-tape. Easy and the bond is really good. I fletch feathers, 5: shield is my favorite, and I fletch RW or LW whichever I have on hand
Old 08-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How do you like your fletch?

Anyone else? Just curious about this.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Fork Horn

Right ----- using 2" Blazers
Old 08-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Used to do a right offset, now that I'm shooting fallaways, I've gone to a right helical. I always fletch to get a right spin so that my field points don't unscrew during target practice.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Typical Buck

What advantages do a helicle or offset give over straight veins? I'm just doing some research lately, thanks so far.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:18 PM

I fletch w/ right helical. The advantage over offset and helical to straight is spin. Helical spins more than offset, but offset spins more than straight. Spin stabilizes much mo betta!

The problem w/ helical is this. If you are shooting a "TM Hunter" style, 2 prong rest, you will almost always have some fletching contact. With this style rest, straight or a slight offset is the way to go.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

The problem w/ helical is this. If you are shooting a "TM Hunter" style, 2 prong rest, you will almost always have some fletching contact. With this style rest, straight or a slight offset is the way to go.
... which explains this statement:

Used to do a right offset, now that I'm shooting fallaways, I've gone to a right helical.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:13 AM
Typical Buck

So far i've gathered that a right hand spin is best no matter what to keep the broadhead from unscrewing. Will this also open up a luminok better? Also, if I use a drop away rest I can use a right helicle with no probs. Great. How about feathers -vs- plastic? Which is better? Thanks so far guys.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:08 AM

I like feathers with a slight offset. I am going to try blazers for the first time though. If I ever get the ambition to fletch up some arrows with them. I have the vanes and shafts, just need to cut the shafts and fletch them is all.

Paul

Quick Reply: How do you like your fletch?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.