Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lone wolf treestand >

Lone wolf treestand

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone wolf treestand

Old 08-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default Lone wolf treestand

I posted this on another site and decide to get some input on here as well. A guy had a lone wolf on ebay last week and had a starting bid of 100 bucks. I missed out trying to bid on it but, when I checked to see how much it went for I was surprised to see that no one bid on it. I emailed the guy asking if he wanted to sell it and would he take 100 bucks for it. He wrote back saying that he wouldn't sell it for 100 bucks which I don't blame him but, never said what he wanted for it. Ok now 2 days ago he emailed me back and said he would sell the stand and 4 climbing sticks for 150 plus shipping of 40 bucks. So 190 total for a stand and sticks. His rating on ebay is only a 28 and his feedback is 100% on other things that he has bought and sold. My question do you think he is trying to pull a fast one on me? It's a dam good deal and to good to be true I think. I would love to buy the setup but, I don't wanna get burned either.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Lone wolf treestand

I can't answer the "trust" issue question........but I just paid full retail for the LW and the sticks.

Yes. That's a GREAT deal (financially).

Have you thought about seeing if he'll deal thrrough a 3rd party?

Jeff
Old 08-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

I told him that I would only pay with paypal. Not sure whatelse I can do to protect myself?
Old 08-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Technically, (ie. ethically), he can only offer that stand to you as a "second chance" offer on ebay. EBay has rules against contacting the person outside of their network if the item doesn't sell. I'm just informing you so you can make an informed choice according to your standards. I think eBay installed the second chance option to alleviate that problem. Also, you'll have no coverage against fraudas far as eBay is concerned, and maybe paypal too. I don't THINK he's trying to pull a fast one but may not know what his obligations/options are, or may want to save as much on a sale as possible since it didn't get the response he hoped for. We've bought lots of stuff with the second chance option.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Not sure how he is suppose to offer a second chance since no one bid on it? I contacted him after the auction was over and asked about the stand since no one bid on it. I just thought I would see what others would do in this situation.

ORIGINAL: Talondale

Technically, (ie. ethically), he can only offer that stand to you as a "second chance" offer on ebay. EBay has rules against contacting the person outside of their network if the item doesn't sell. I'm just informing you so you can make an informed choice according to your standards. I think eBay installed the second chance option to alleviate that problem. Also, you'll have no coverage against fraudas far as eBay is concerned, and maybe paypal too. I don't THINK he's trying to pull a fast one but may not know what his obligations/options are, or may want to save as much on a sale as possible since it didn't get the response he hoped for. We've bought lots of stuff with the second chance option.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rating of 28 means he had 28 ratings by buyers and sellers, and has a 100% positive rating? If so, he's trustworthy for sure. If you pay by paypal and use your credit card, you have recourse if you don't get it.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

It turns out the guy was trying to stiff me so it goes to show when something seems to good to be true it usually is.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

how was he going to stiffyou?

Old 08-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

How did he stiff me? When you ask for some info( phone # address)from the seller before buying and item from them and they give you the run around and he doesn't give you any info what do you think he is trying to do? Not only that if you could see the emails that he sent me then you would know what I'm talking about and it showed what kind of person this piece of work really was. I'm just glad that I didn't send any money to this idiot since it did seem to good to be true. For the record I was able to find another stand on ebay from a guy that lived near me for 150 bucks and I'm glad I made the decision I did. By the way what a awesome stand. Can't wait to hunt out of it.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:18 PM
Typical Buck

Local Shop has them for 170 NIB. I'm gonna pick one up maybe this weekend. The way people talk about them they are worth every penny.