Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bigger still Better >

Bigger still Better

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bigger still Better

Old 08-07-2006, 08:36 PM

Default Bigger still Better

These small targets of today are just too small. I got one of the biggest targets I know of and its 22" X 22" and its just not big enough. I been shooting a two to three inch group @ 20 yrd's for years and a three to four @30 so I'am not concerned about missing although I'd love to have the backing incase of a wild arrow, ( I do live in town ). My concern is tearing up my arrows all the time. Sunday I shot my first Robin Hood. I have to admit I'am quite proud of it but sad I lost two arrows. The thing is I'am constantly fixing nox and fletching because theres limited space on my target and I feel leary about shooting near the edge. If you think thats bad enough try having a buddy or two over. Why cant somebody make a nice big 4' X 4' layered foam target likethe hay bales we once had before we started shooting threw them. I'd buy one. And I know a couple of people who really could use one.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bigger still Better

Sounds like your bow is setup properly and you obviously can shoot groups.

Why not aim at different spots on the target for each shot?
Old 08-07-2006, 09:21 PM

At one of the local stores in myarea I got a bag target that is 46" by 33" or so for 40 dollars. Stops arrows up to 300 fps.. so it a good deal in my mind.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

im with illonishunter..i bought a GIANT bag from dicks sporting goods. it was 40$ also. its called the Carbon Giant. has 9 targets on its face. i got 300-400 arrows into it in 4 days and its JUST now showing wear. after my first robinhood my first day i started spot shooting all the diffrent small tagets on the target. i too live in town and its nice to have the extra saftey. though i also have a hay bale wall behind it just incase. i wont lie i sent a few to the very edge. still stopped the arrow. removal is EASY. 2 fingers no joke. when i open it up a little more ill just get some feed sacks, or burlap and sew on a new cover, the insides should last forever. Delta makes a bunch of bag targets that look nice.