Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Worst hunting show >

Worst hunting show

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Worst hunting show

Old 08-08-2006, 04:48 PM

Default RE: Worst hunting show

I dont know if any of them are good. Tred Barta is imo too cocky and i believe that is style of hunting is mainly for theatrics. Realtree Outdoors has become a giant infomercial for the Realtree Franchise. I havent watched Buckmasters in years for obvious reasons. I still like the Drury Videos but cant stand there TV Show. Its all a big marketing ploy. They use the videos and tv shows to as a vehicle to sell there stuff..... which i blindly buy.[&:]
I want to watch a tv show were a normal guy gets in his normal truck after his normal day at work drive to a normal piece of property and shoot a normal whitetail thats not standing next to a Kudu.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

Whatever happened to dave watson. He used to be on the forum. I remember somebody a couple years ago calling him out , saying he was hunting high fenced ranches. Did he just pack up and leave, or was he kicked off for his hunting style. He had that show Bushnell's secrets of the hunt back then.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

The Drury bros are my least fav. Way too much ego. And then when I read Mark'squote about that wildlife eye he's trying so hard to push "It is the single most significant improvement in hunting equipment, EVER" that did it for me. Nevermind the compound bow, the portable treestand, gore-tex, etc. etc. etc. We all need to rush out and buy his scouting camera. I wish I knew where his farm was-I'd come out and shoot all of his 2 and 3 1/2 year old bucks in the guts.

Good God man !! thats harsh, although it was the funniest thing I read in all the 6 or 7 pages of this post.

I like Mark and Terry when it came out a few years back on here that one of their "prostaffers" had an arrest for a illegal deer harvest, they resonded here, or their wife or dad or someone and released the person in a snap. They are a class act but I will agree they are starting to push the limit with the sales pitches. Jay Gregory is on their staff and I kinda like that guy, I think they are under the Kinsky label.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

You gotta think about it from their point of veiw. We hunt for the thrill of the chase. They hunt for the thrill of the chase and to stack some cash while doing it. I farm so ill sell my tobacco and cattle. Someone who runs a gun shop will display a number of rifles to sell. The drury sell their stuff to make a living. If any of us were in their shoes, we'd do the same thing. Can't blame a man for wanting to make some cash. Most that give them a hard time would also like to be in their shoes.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can understand them wanting to sell product. But, there's a point when they do so much product pushing that it becomes too much andI don't want to watch the show anymore. drury's are WAY PAST that point....but, i still watch them.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:43 PM

Most hunting shows fall into one of three categories 1. Lame/Fake, Buckmasters, Realtree 2.Crazy/Idiots,TED and TRED, Team Fitzgurald - 3. Comedian wanna be, Scent lock's Gettin Close. Every one of the shows are filmed in a place that I couldn't afford or be allowed to hunt... show me something real plz. For my money the closet thing I've found is the Drury Bros. sure their a little strange, but who isn't strange in a way. Also I have seen a couple of those penned animal hunts that shouldn't even be considered a hunting show. Damn near anything filmed in Texas is a waste of time.....ranting now. I saw one guy take like a 90 yd shot with a bow, at a deer, hit it in the rear! Didn't show the tracking job, just mysteriously cut to him with the deer some hours later in the dark. What an idiot. Some other show, some guy promoting his "new" camo jumped outta his truck on some ranch and blasted one in the back dropping it, only to have it get up and run when he was halfway to it, he shot again blowing part of its rack off. Then the idiot claimed the deer was fine and not mortally wounded and it would live to fight another day, he then got into his truck drove down the road and shot another one off the road. PLZ sombody stop them, how does this happen?[:@]Oh well I'm tired of typing LOL![8D]
Old 08-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Typical Buck

Drurys are still #1 to me. did you guys see the double drop tine buck mark got on tonights show? my god, it was awesome to say the least. Marketing products are how these guys make $$. Its hard to knock em for that. It's something we have to deal with in all hunting shows, but at least theyre real hunters and its alot better show than most others. Or would you guys rather watch some good track & trail?

Solocam: i agree with you 100%, some of these guys are way to lame.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:54 AM

So lame K.warren act's like he just did somting so cool hunting in a pen with deer and making a mock scrape. Lame
Old 08-09-2006, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

There are very few hunting shows that I like, in fact I hardly watch them. Keith and Allan Warren plus Bushman are some of the worst. Even the Drury's are slipping.

Give me Knight and Hale and Primos anytime.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hands down it is Penn's woods. These schmucks shoot 1-2 1/2 yr old deer and make the excuse that they are the biggest deer in their area and that if they didn't shoot them the guy on the next hill would
Maybe they kill smaller deer because they are hunting "Real" conditions not fenced in game farms.

It's funny, Penns Woods are my favorite for the exact same reason they are your least favorite. I would love to see more shows that are real rather than staged hunts to promote the next "best" gadget.

Quick Reply: Worst hunting show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.