Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Worst hunting show >

Worst hunting show

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Worst hunting show

Old 08-08-2006, 08:49 AM

Default RE: Worst hunting show

All of them....... Just a big soap opera.....
Old 08-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Spike

Basically all shows that are acted - Is it just me or are the camera men the best trackers in the world?

Seems like I always see the shot of the guy all excited that he found his deer after a grueling track only to be walking towards the camera as it pans back to bring the deer into view? I just want to scream - "YOU IDIOT FOLLOW YOUR CAMERA MAN HE KNEW RIGHT WHERE THE DEER WAS!" Or the guy who is crawling on the ground, sneaking up to get a better shot, and somehow the camera man managed to get to the spot first and is able to set up and shoot him making this delicate stalk on the deer? If I want to watch acting - think I'll stick with real actors.

Personally I don't get caught up in the personality of the host as much as how the video is shot. I would say if the boys from Double Bull would take their footage and make it into a show I would be glued to the TV.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

Id have to say buckmasters, ted nugent,.hunting the country,jim shockey

I enjoy hank parker 3d shows. its pretty neat to see a father and sons hunting together...
Old 08-08-2006, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

Ever been watching a hunting show and see a terrible, I mean really bad shot, like a flank shot or deep gut shot, and theyre still like "perfect, hes going down"? And sure enough they walk over the hill 50yds and find the deer. Ive seen it a few times and its fishy to say the least. They even act a little weird when theyre talking about the deer after the hunt. This always happens on the acted out shows. If roger raglin makes a bad shot, he'll tell you right there and go home, then look the next day till he finds it.
I know roger is for real because he had a hunt near here actually and it was national forest that i hunt all the time. They do these hunts in concealment as not to alert people to who it is doing the hunting. He got a nice 8 point buck on like the third day. I couldnt believe it when I seen it. It was like a home video or something.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:47 AM

yah i will have to say the bushman's show is my least favorite as well. but at the same time i can't knock him for doing something that i would love to get paid to do. i would just do it in a different fashion then him. although he is an idot at times.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:58 PM

Bushman is the most disingenuous of them all---egomaniac anyone! Simply another infomercial ans his variety show is all about him and his self promotion.Tracks and Trails, any and all other pen hunts(Chasing theDream especially), and Nugent is always over bait at 'ranches' with exotics rubbing shoulders with whitetails--which is soooo natural--not! The Drury's used to be great, but they are letting it go to their head, and making a competition out of hunting--as well as losing sight of the big picture. Not everyone owns their own farms and wants to be so overtly involved in over-management, aka growing orfarm producing your own 'trophy'. Why can't we just get back to real hunting again, where the emphasis is on scouting, sign interpretation,understanding the rut, natural (as opposed to contrived) funnels,etc. instead of how to get the soil PH right and the proper use of fertilizers?
Old 08-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's easier if I list the ones I like. I dislike all the high fenced hunts, you can tell most of the time.

I have to say though that my favorite is Up Close. Lee and Tiffany work their butts off and I think they'refunny (sometimes they try too hard to be funny though), and Tiffany ain't too hard on the eyes either. Lee used to work at the proshop i shot at. Seemed like a normal guy that had an unnatural obsession for shooting mature deer.

I still like the drury bros. But they are wearing on me. they sunk to a new low with the theatrics in the new dream season (with the drunk hunter). They must be hurting if they need to show that guy on their show. I don't need the drama at all. they are now the biggest product pushers out there. kind of goes against how they got their name. oh well, what do i know.

I also like primos. how can you not like will primos and brad farris? they are fun to watch.

Another one I just started watching was something like bowhunter magazine tv or something like that. they actually give tips on shooting! what a novel idea! the blacktail hunt on kodiak island from last week was really cool.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:28 PM

I like Tred Barta, he cracks me up.

He usually doesn't shoot many big trophy animals but at least he's hunting fair chase and not on some high fenced ranch or with some mega bucks outfitter.

I have to say Spirit of the Wild is my least favorite. I used to find Ted amusing but now am sick of the same drivel and most of his hunts are on captive animals. Can't stand to watch him anymore.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

aha m ynew fav Mossy oak classics tha tis real hunting home video

tred he was like i am going on this hunt for hogs witha knife he didnt bother to tell people dogs were gonna corner the animal and he only weighed like 90 lbs so stupid if you ask me
Old 08-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Ted has to be the strangest one out there. Some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth just blows my mind. It's hard trying to explain to my girlfriend that all hunters aren't as weird as him.
The Drury bros are my least fav. Way too much ego. And then when I read Mark'squote about that wildlife eye he's trying so hard to push "It is the single most significant improvement in hunting equipment, EVER" that did it for me. Nevermind the compound bow, the portable treestand, gore-tex, etc. etc. etc. We all need to rush out and buy his scouting camera. I wish I knew where his farm was-I'd come out and shoot all of his 2 and 3 1/2 year old bucks in the guts.

Quick Reply: Worst hunting show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.