Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHISKER BISQUIT

Old 08-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: WHISKER BISQUIT

I sure hope one of those five guys installed the one on your son's bow.
Ahhh...........no, but honorable grasshopper has remedied. He changed arrows.

It might get kinda expensive if you keep tearing off pieces of your bow because you think they were to blame for you getting busted..........
Nope. It's been taken care of. The next time I'm the only one in the woods and need to know what happened, though.....I'll call you.

jeff
Old 08-08-2006, 09:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Anthony T.

The arrow having to pass thru the biscuit.
I can shoot mine accurately out to 40-50 yards..........arrows fly flat and straight. Never had a problem with accuracy that wasn't MY fault.

Just like EVERY rest on the market..........you can't just slap one on your bow and expect it to shoot straight. Get it installed and tuned properly and you will wonder how you ever got by without one.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:54 AM

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

I sure hope one of those five guys installed the one on your son's bow.
Ahhh...........no, but honorable grasshopper has remedied. He changed arrows.
How is that gonna help if the rest is the problem??........especially if like you said it was setup by someone who doesn't know what he is doing.

Nope. It's been taken care of. The next time I'm the only one in the woods and need to know what happened, though.....I'll call you.

jeff
Yea.......definately give me a ring if you are gonna be ripping your setup apart and throwing perfectly good gear away.......I'll take it You know what???...........I bet it was your truck that spooked that deer..........or maybe your ATV.........or your wallet. Better get rid of all 3 of them........Even better...........send them to me and I will dispose of them for you

Reminds me of all the guys I have watched duff tee shots to the women's tee only to show up next week with a $400 driver expecting it to cure them.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Me too, Atlas....I'm a former PGA Professional.

The noise was remedied by changing arrows. The finish on his new arrows is "smooth"....and they don't make "the noise" that occurs when you drag a radial x-weave across them. So.....problem solved. I "GUESS"....if say....oh....someone here wanted to pick nits......they "could" infer that everyone experiencing noise with their WB's was REALLY experiencing "arrow" problems. Likely the case.....but I'm no "expert". Anyways....the rest is about $40.....and I had a LOT more than that invested in arrows.

If my Tundra ever spooks a deer......or my Suzuki.....or my wallet.....I guess the only way anyone would ever know it to be so.....would be to ask YOU. Who am I to say???? I'm only the person THERE.

BTW....how much did you pay for YOUR driver?

Do you know how much gall it would take for me to critique one of your golf swings.......from HERE?.....without being there.....and witnessing it?????

See????????

Jeff
Old 08-08-2006, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

The noise was remedied by changing arrows.
So the rest was not the problem.

If my Tundra ever spooks a deer......or my Suzuki.....or my wallet
Toyota and Suzuki???............Nevermind, don't send them to me.......send them back across the pond where they belong.

I guess the only way anyone would ever know it to be so.....would be to ask YOU. Who am I to say???? I'm only the person THERE.

Hey.........don't blame me for saying I don't think the WB is what caused you to get busted. That opinion is based on YOUR story of what happened and I am not the only person who has expressed those feelings If you said Bigfoot was to blame would we all have to agree because you were the only one there?

BTW....how much did you pay for YOUR driver?
It was free actually.............I did pay around $200 for a Taylor Made Ti Bubble2 and hit that for a year until I heard a funny noise and noticed the face was cracked from hossle to toe [] Taylor made sent me a new Firesole free as a replacement.

Truth be told I rarely ever hit driver. My 3 wood goes about 250 and is in the fairway about 85-90% of the time. Without fail I spray a drive or three and in the end it is just not worth it.

I played with 2 young kids having a practice round before they tried to qualify for the US Amatuers a couple of weeks ago. What a sight that was........maybe the most fun I have ever had on a course. These 2 little punks POUNDED the ball so far off the tee it was CRAZY. I marked the one kids drive at 350+.........it was a 618 par 5 that he proceeded to be on the back of the green in 2 after he striped a 3 wood about 270 over water..........absolutely sick. They were surprisingly just good from the fairway but they had impecable short games and were monsters off the tee. We had a good time and I came in with a 37 to stay within respectable distance from them.........they shot 70 and 71 to my 80. I was happy since it was only my third time out and when I saw who we were paired with I was hoping I didn't hack it up. Good time.............wish I was 18 again.

Do you know how much gall it would take for me to critique one of your golf swings.......from HERE?.....without being there.....and witnessing it?????

See????????

Jeff
Actually that would be GREAT............I could use a good short game tip because I get all "handsy" with my chips around the green and I just give away too many shots by not getting up and down as much as I should..........I tend to blade my lob wedge when I hit it poorly.......rarely do I hit a shot "fat"........always too thin........maybe I am pulling out........but on a chip??

See..........I took as constructive criticism...........not an insult
Old 08-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Observations.....

1) we have a problem with a rest making noise......and have to search for an arrow that will mask the flaw.

The REST isn't flawed???????

2) I love America......but I drive a tundra because my company furnishes my vehicles.....and they have this thing for reliability.

3) I love America.....bu I ride on a Suzuki because I furnish my ATV.....and I have this thing for reliability.

4) I'm arguing with a man who admittedly paid $200 for a driver........had it fail.....and was sent a new driver......and STILL thinks he got it for "free". Amazing.

5) Check the PGA stats for driving accuracy......then get back with me about both your 3 wood accuracy AND your distance with that club. The average male golfer in the USA AVERAGES about 210 off the tee (remember......you can't just count the good ones!!). I won't be so brazen as to say you don't hit it that far, though. Remember....I'm not there.

6) you missed my point. I DIDN'T criticize your swing. I've never SEEN it.

Jeff
Old 08-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot a WB and am also having a problem with noise. I love the rest and can shoot fine with it. It's just that when I draw back it makes so much noise. I tried the snow spary but that didn't work.I had the bow tuned by my mathews dealer but am still having the same probs. I shoot vapor arrows and think that may be a factor. I think an arrow with a smooth finish may help. I'm going to run a few diff arrows through at the pro shop and if that doesn't work I'll be getting a trophy taker.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:09 PM

The smooth arrows reccomended by CAP are also quieter on other rests.

The whisker biscuit doesn't need moleskin, nailpolish, or teflon tape to keep it hunting.

Set up properly it is quiet to draw and quiet to shoot. And it last for tens of thousands of shots.

That means lots and lots of hunting without any problems.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Old 08-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Whisker Biscuit makes simular noises as an air biscuit. If your are overwhelmed with adrenlin when that spike and doe come in than the Whisker Biscuit is what you need. If your confident, in control, and are a avid archer then the drop away style rest is your best choice. You can always start out with the Whisker biscuit and work your way up.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

its the best hunting rest on the market

Quick Reply: WHISKER BISQUIT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.