Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHISKER BISQUIT

Old 08-07-2006, 06:09 PM

Default RE: WHISKER BISQUIT

thanks alot guys i still havent shot wiht it on yet but i just really like the fact that i dont have to worry about the arrow comin off the rest any more
Old 08-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Banned

Sorry we weren't much help. There are forty million threads on this WB and they usually turn into a 7 page arguement between us dropaway users and the WB fans. HCH

Old 08-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep they will stay put and that could be a big deal. I don't use one and am calm when the moment comes to take a shot but still I have had the arrow fall off and have stop paying attention to the deer and tried to figure out how that just happened. It puzzles me. I've still made the shot butit is weird that it should happen then and no other time.

Happy hunting. Here's hoping you get the chance to try it out.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:47 PM

I was at the outdoor range last week, I have 4 pins sighted in at 20,30,40,50 yds. And I have no problems with accuracy

I have it on my 2005 Triton NRG. I won't use anything else!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Dominant Buck

There have been documented (yet unfounded by "experts") cases of the WB creating "noises" (though unaudible to some people....and again unsubstantiated by "the" experts) that can reportedly (though not without considerable opposition) put game on alert.

These rests are great. But....the only downfall we (as a bowhunting community) can come up with.....is the fact that there's only five known individuals in the world that know how to properly set them up.

Jeff

Old 08-08-2006, 09:06 AM

ORIGINAL: TimberCreek

If it gets wet and its freezing out, they're useless!
How is that different from ANY rest on the market?

People always mention this as if it is something people should be concerned about.........

First of all.......if you are out in weather that is so bad that your gear is freezing over with sheets of ice then you are screwed.........and most likely should not even be up a tree. Your cams will be frozen, your string could jump off easily if there are hunks of ice on it, your arrows will fly who knows where if there is ice all over them and your release probably won't function well either.

If the weather is bad enough to make your WB not work then you have much BIGGER problems to worry about because none of your other gear will work right either and most likely your life is in danger.

I have hunted with a WB for a few years and have had absolutely ZERO problems with it in the field........weather related or not.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

Is there any way it could affect the arrow flight?
Old 08-08-2006, 09:14 AM

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

There have been documented (yet unfounded by "experts") cases of the WB creating "noises" (though unaudible to some people....and again unsubstantiated by "the" experts) that can reportedly (though not without considerable opposition) put game on alert.

I don't think I have EVER seen someone take getting busted by a deer so hard in my life

It might get kinda expensive if you keep tearing off pieces of your bow because you think they were to blame for you getting busted..........I have a cheaper solution for ya

These rests are great. But....the only downfall we (as a bowhunting community) can come up with.....is the fact that there's only five known individuals in the world that know how to properly set them up.

Jeff

I sure hope one of those five guys installed the one on your son's bow.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Anthony T.

Is there any way it could affect the arrow flight?
Is there any way what could affect the arrow flight?
Old 08-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

The arrow having to pass thru the biscuit.

Quick Reply: WHISKER BISQUIT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.