Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHISKER BISQUIT

Old 08-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHISKER BISQUIT

There's Hardcore - I knew he'd be back. He's a TT man. They'll probably bury him with that rest.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:09 AM
Banned

LOL...yep, it's in my will.Hoytgirl and I will be using them in Canada bear hunting in 3 weeks.

Old 08-12-2006, 09:00 AM

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

Time out for a minute.

Last night I took my bow into the basement at about 4 am.

Time out for a minute...........what the heck were you doing drawing your bow at 4 am in the basement??.........are you a vampire?

There was absolutely NO BACKGROUND NOISE because everyone was sleeping. I tried 3 different types of carbon arrows through the biscuit and all three were louder than I'd prefer. Onaprong rest w/ moleskinall threewere dead quiet - zero noise.
I wouldn't be too concerned about the acoustics of a basement vs what you experience in the woods. Besides with you being the only person down there it really doesn't tell you anything at all. Drawing a bow with your face right next to the string and rest is not a good way to critique your draw noise. If you are that concerned about it then have someone else climb 20 feet up a tree and you stand 10 yards away while they draw your bow, if you hear a substantial sound then take care of it. I think you will find that a bow, rest, or just sound in general has to be pretty LOUD to travel 30 feet away and 20 feet down..........instead of 3 inches away to your ear when you draw.

I say this not because I like my WB or want other people to shoot them........personally, I couldn't care less what anyone else shoots......but because it is one of the benefits of the rest and something I view as an asset to owning one. I don't have to modify mine.......never have. I have shot every finish of arrow I know of through mine and seen and heard other guys I know shooting different finishes of different arrow manufacturers and none are so loud I would be concerned about hunting with it.

I am a VERY detail focused kinda guy..........if something is off just a hair it drives me nuts. "Close enough or Good enough" are not in my vocabulary. Sound is no different. I have ALWAYS thought my Bowtech Patriot was louder then it should be........ALWAYS.........still do. It drove me crazy and I spent a lot of time and money trying to quiet it down. It looked like something out of a Predator movie when I was done adding all the silencing gear Some people would say they heard it some would say no......it was very frustrating. So I began to see just how loud it was by doing what I recommended you do........I stood at various distances from my brother as he shot from the ground and a ladder stand in my yard. Not only did I not hear the sounds I was concerned about..........I heard NOTHING except the arrow slicing the air. From that day on I never worried about the shot sounds of my Patriot which I STILL think is too loud on release. The ultimate test of course is live deer which that bow has killed 5 of in the last 3 years from 20 yards out all the way down to 13 feet in. Noise is such a non issue with me now that I don't even think about at all........no reason to.........one of the nice things about the WB in my experience is that it doesn't need any mods........it's ready to go right out of the box.

But I am still waiting for somebody to tell me how to stick moleskin to a biscuit.
I'm sure you could wrap a thin strip that runs over the black bristles and goes all the way around the disc.........or just cut a small square and glue it to the top of the black bristles. There is no vane contact with the black bristles so neither one should cause any problems (except maybe resulting in stenosis of your WB). I just don't see the need.........neither have any of the deer I've shot with it
Old 08-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

BigJ12, what your reply post to me all about? I can't figure out where your're coming from in your reply to me.
Please tell me you're kidding.....if I have to explain it kinda takes away all the fun of it.