Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

contacts?

Old 08-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default contacts?

i got contacts a few months ago. i just got my bow and noticed that they cause a blur. probably because the way im turning my eyes im catching the side of the lens or something. i noticed the same thing on open sight rifles and when i turn my eyes sideways i notice the same thing. i hate wearing glasses but that may be the only option unless you guys can help. anyone else wear contacts and notice that?? any fixes or ways around it?? thanx
Old 08-05-2006, 07:24 PM

Default RE: contacts?

Love my contacts. Causes no problem at all.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:25 PM

Never had a problem with my contacts, archery or firearms.

Sounds like your's aren't fitted to you that well.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

hmmm thats odd. i thought maybe it was a part of having contacts. i dont know what to do since i have about 8 months supply left. the Dr looked at them in my eye and everything and said they were perfect...hmmmmm thanx guys....maybe i gota learn to use them. i just got them in late may i think it was. i wont lie i only put them in a couple days a week. when i wake up early for work i just cant fidgit with them to put them in. maybe i just need practice! or you could be right and they just dont fit my eyes......
Old 08-05-2006, 07:49 PM

Almost sounds like a bifocal problem.......
Old 08-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

one word.....lasik! went from 20/400 to 20/15
Old 08-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Never had a problem with my contacts.............
Old 08-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure you have them in the correct way...if you don't it will cause your vision to blur. If thats good...the only thing I can think of is that you should try adjusting your ancor somehow so you aren't looking through at an angle. I'm trying to think how I shoot...I'm pretty sure I turn my entire head and look straight on.

Having hunted archery both with glasses then contacts, I can without a doubt say that contacts are better. Try to figure them out instead of just going with the glasses. Contacts won't fog up from heavy breathing when a big buck walks infront of you
Old 08-05-2006, 08:41 PM

if you have shot a lot in one day it could be just some eye fatigue especially since you just got your new bow, youve probably shot the piss out of the thing havent ya?????
Old 08-05-2006, 08:43 PM

The only problem I have ever had with mine was when it was windy. If you are staring a long time looking for deer sometimes they dry out and you have to blink a bunch of times to see clear again. Maybe you're not blinking for a long time and they are drying out when you shoot.

Quick Reply: contacts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.