Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Problem that keeps coming back to me >

Problem that keeps coming back to me

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Problem that keeps coming back to me

Old 07-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default Problem that keeps coming back to me

About a month ago I was using thunderheads and they were shooting great. Then all of a sudden it went bad and they were flying horrible. I went to the pro shop and they looked at my form and how I was shooting. I could shoot great from 10 and 20 yards but when I backed up to 30 my arrow would fly any which way. They tuned my bow and made sure everything was ok and gave me some Montec G-5's to use. They flew great and i've been shooting awsome and then yesterday at the deer lease I was shooting and same thing. Got back to 30 and they were flying every where. They were shooting pretty good from right to left but shooting way low. I put my 30 yard pin where my 40 yard pin would be and it was still shooting low. Guess I'll go to the pro shop today and see if they can fix it agian. What do ya'll think I'm doing?
Old 07-25-2006, 09:33 AM

Default RE: Problem that keeps coming back to me

Dropping your arm at the shot.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Anticipating the shot, A.K.A. target panic. Dont be skurd of that little target.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

I dont know it makes me so mad because I'm dead steady, the pin is exactly where I want it, and i slowly pull the trigger on my release.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:43 AM

Inspect the serving at the nock point and your peep to make sure that nothing is creeping. Also inspect the string and cables to make certain nothing is broken. Last time this happened to me I discovered a cut strand in my string, made a new string and the problem was solved.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:15 PM

What did the pro shop change the first time? They may have fixed whatever was wrong because I'm skeptical that it was just the broadheads. I would check that first.

Are you using a drop-away rest? Did the cord move? That would cause the rest to be lower and possibly making your shots low.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

The cable as a little tear in it where the cable goes through the cable slide. Would that cause the problem?
Old 07-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

The guys that said

1.you are dropping your bow arm

2. you are anticipating the shot

are correct. that is exactly what you are doing. You are so keyed up on where the arrow will hit, that you are trying to watch it fly.

That is exactly what you are doing. Every time you miss, you try harder to watch it fly. its a trap many fall into.

You need to follow through. Keep the pin on the target after you pull the trigger. Keep it on the target until you hear the arrow's impact.DON'T WATCH IT FLYWhen you shoot long distances, follow through is so much more important. If you don't follow through you will miss. You are experiencing that right now.

Just shoot keeping the pin on taget and don't concern yourself with where it is going to hit. Try a few rounds "following through" without watching it fly.

See if the groups shrink up.

When you notice your self worrying about where you will hit, you know you are falling into that trap.